Side buttons on MX1000

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got me one of these on saturday and love it. I used to have a MS optical mouse with a button on each side of the mouse that I could assign to use in games for certain actions. The buttons on the MX1000 wont assign to anything, as in the game doesnt seem to see them. Just the normal left,right, and center wheel buttons are seen in the games. Its not a super big deal as I can just map the keys to the keyboard but I would rather have them being used on the mouse. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue or if there is a way arounfd this.

I have the MX700 and it looks similar with side buttons. All I did was
install the Logitech Drivers and in it's control panel assign the CRTL
and ALT keys to each button. By default there sometings else
like pageup or whatever...

I then went into my games and made
CRTL fire and ATL alt-fire (as in UT04 for instance).

Works in every game I have installed...

ok cool I will try that out. So basically just make the buttons use a specific key on the keyboard?

The buttons for the mx1000 can be set up inside the new software that comes with the mouse. Just choose the option at the bottom for each button. I can't recall what its labeled but it allows you to setup what keystrokes you want to asign to that button.

edit: oops...basically what msny said except that the software is different for the 1000 and the 700.

ok great thanks guys! I was so used to using the buttons on my old mouse its hard to use the keyboard for those actions now. :D

Yeah, I went back to my IE 3.0 when I discovered you couldn't map buttons like Alt or Ctrl with the IE 4.0. Nothing like Microsoft reducing functionality as they release new versions of their mouse drivers.

Back