Shuttle SN45G Problems

Kasumi

n00b
Hi everyone!
Im new to this forum but I found it while searching for others with the same problems that I have with my SN45G shuttle.

First of all, it seems like the motherboard is f***** cuz if I have the computer shut off in about 12hours and more, it wont boot up. Ill simply have to wait for about 40minutes and then try again, then it will boot. (this is just problem.1)

Im using a Barton 2500+ running att normal speed 1,8ghz and a 512mb pc3200 TwinMOS ram. And this is the second problem.

If I run my memory at "auto" the memory will automaticly run at 333mhz.
If I run it on "by speed" so the memory goes at 400mhz, my computer will crash when I start games and other stuff.

And yes, I have updated my BIOS =)
Also if anyone can tell me how I easy and secure can clock my computer I would be glad.

Welcome!

Hmm, not sure of all these problems you are having, but I happen to have an SN45G (my other box) and it is pretty good with whatever modules I stick in it. So, first and formost, run memtest on this badboy with both 333Mhz settings based on the SPD as well as 400Mhz setttings that you manually selected. Just because it's labeled PC3200 doesn't mean the modules can hit this. Which TwinMOS memory are you using? (Winbond, Samsung) Anytime someone reports difficulties with crashes or start up, I suspect the RAM first and formost.

Also, what are your temps like in the box? Sometimes, if the ICE heatsink doesn't make proper contact with the cpu this can cause the not being able to restart for several minutes until the CPU has cooled. Also, what have you done to troubleshoot the problem aka programs or tests to catch it?

Regards,

-E

Back