shuttle power supply question

I asked this question in the Video Card section but didn't get much response, so I figure I'll try here. I have an All-in-wonder Radeon 9700 pro and ATi says that it should be run on at least a 300 watt power supply or higher. I was interested in buying a shuttle case but the power supplies in them are around 200->250 watts.

Is it possible to put my video card in a shuttle and have it work fine and be stable?
Or would the power supply need to be changed?
I was thinking of the Shuttle SN41(250watts), SN45(200watts) or SN85(AMD64, 240watts).
Thanks for any advice in advance. :)

Most of the recommendations that are made by those companies are to cover their asses. Most generic 300 PSUs don't put out that much power, so if the card really only needs a 150w good quality PSU they will say 300w to make sure there is enough power with shitty suplies in mind. You'll be fine

I had a shuttle SN41G2B and athlon XP2500+ in it. when I also had my radeon 9800pro in it, the psu would kick out some EXTREMELY hot air and the system was unstable. the main fan kicked out luke warm air. hot psu air+unstable system=too small PSU.
'nuff said (in my case)...

A lot of it depends on the shuttle you get; It's a bummer that more reviews of those sized PSU do not exist, or a good standard that everyone actually uses so you could get a more powerful supply if necessary.

I am thinking that I'll have to get a Super Lanboy instead of the Shuttle.
Another option I was recently looking into was getting an Antec Aria, which takes microATX mobos. Those cases come with a 300 watt Antec PS. Anybody have any experience with that? Would it pump out enough power to my All-in-wonder 9700 pro, as well as HDD and optical drive?

Pretty sure, at my workplace we used to build Aria systems and we could build some kickass machines on it without stability problems. 300w is more than enough, especially 300 "antec" watts :p

Okay, then I am going to have to go with the Aria. It's on sale at a local retailer :) .
Now for some advice on the mobo. I'll have to head over to the amd mobo section.
Thanks.

Back