showgroups.php lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigsman

n00b
not sure what gives, but even the swf newegg ad locks up and cpu goes to %100 with 97%+ being IE when I attempt to go to showgroups.php (View Forum Leaders).

W2K ie6 6.0.2800.1106 128bit encrypt SP1, and all MS hotfixes from windowsupdate.com applied.

T

Tigsman said:
not sure what gives, but even the swf newegg ad locks up and cpu goes to %100 with 97%+ being IE when I attempt to go to showgroups.php (View Forum Leaders).

W2K ie6 6.0.2800.1106 128bit encrypt SP1, and all MS hotfixes from windowsupdate.com applied.

T
just had a co-worker test same page, same issue applies, IE will go to 100% and lockup when attempting to view showgroups.php.

Hmmm, using Opera, it just doesn't load, but it doesn't use up any extra CPU or RAM. Heh. :rolleyes:

Yep, it is broken. We will check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Andrew275 said:
It's because you're showing the registered user group on the showgroups page.

Well shucky darns, you be right.

User Name
!<ade
yeah.. a 6.62MB webpage is a bit much. Could also be part of slowdown as people download thatfile. I dont even want to know what [H]'s bandwitdh useage loos like right now :eek:

dont show registered users in showgroups should solve the issue and perhaps more

users>usergroup manager>edit registered group>viewable on show groups>no

this would also go along with my post stating the WOL page is (or maybe was) enabled. that can cause a large spike in server load with the amount of users online at this particular forum. Well depending on how many you list per page.

Andrew275 said:
It's because you're showing the registered user group on the showgroups page.

now that's a nice way of overloading the forums' servers!

yeah disable registered group from showgroups!

eva2000 said:
now that's a nice way of overloading the forums' servers!

yeah disable registered group from showgroups!

Question, would enabling who's online cause problems as well?

I've noticed it doesn't take long for it to display here.

Nice to see you here as well as vb.com.

Problem fixed.

Yes, the reason for this was that registered users were being displayed on the showgroups.php page... which as you can imagine, was a pretty big page. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back