Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

rka4c1.jpg

just got my fredrik...needs a little more cable management. so far im liking this desk alot

77da0acc.jpg

6577a82c.jpg

3a4d847d.jpg

What a cool setup. Nice work. Did you manually install those overhead lights? If so what are they?

Nothing special. 2 24' Asus and a 32" Sanyo and my 15.4" Acer lappy. Yeah I know wire management and I need a new desk badly.

1001709.jpg

1001711.jpg

1001712.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

Connected an older Viewsonic VX924 to my motherboard's onboard HD3300 Graphics. Not sure if I should bother keeping it.

I would get rid of it. the rest of the setup is far too nice to have a monitor that doesn't match sitting on a box.

i have this asus MK221H has a built in 1.3mb webcam and vga dvi and hdmi ports i love it
DSC00012.jpg

but they do a 24 inch version the MK241H
6833-IMG1658s.jpg

wish i had gone for the 24 inch now as it has 1920x1200 pixal were as the mk221h has only 1650x1050

would just like to go sli and have another 22inch lcd from asus with out the cam

Before:

Dell 3007wfp + Dell 2707wfp

After:

Dell 2007fp + Dell 3007wfp + Dell 2007fp

Last edited:
@ BrainEsser

How do you like the 24 asus monitor? Im thinking of getting one this week. Pros? Cons?

I like them. They are pretty good for a TN panel. Better viewing angles than the 3 Dell E22WFP's I had previously. When I replace these, it will be for dual 30's.

The only cons I have found so far is, at default brightness (100%), there is some backlight bleeding, but I have them turned down to 45% and the bleeding is gone. Also, as with most monitors with built in speakers, the sound quality sucks. but, I don't use the built in speakers anyways, so I could care less.

I like them. They are pretty good for a TN panel. Better viewing angles than the 3 Dell E22WFP's I had previously. When I replace these, it will be for dual 30's.

The only cons I have found so far is, at default brightness (100%), there is some backlight bleeding, but I have them turned down to 45% and the bleeding is gone. Also, as with most monitors with built in speakers, the sound quality sucks. but, I don't use the built in speakers anyways, so I could care less.

oh yeah got to agree on the speakers so bad they make your ears ach i use a set of old active 95 speakers bloody good for what age they are

my awesome work setup... mostly stuff I found laying around (except the toughbook!) My "office" is literally an old storage closet :( The monitors are 1704FPT and 1905FP. I had to use a 17 to fit under the hutch. I hope to get dual 22's next budget cycle
office003.jpg

office002.jpg

office004.jpg

I have a few old HP tablets too

thepawn
Nice setup :cool: Few questions.

So your new setup with the 20" Portrait + 30" Landscape + 20" Portrait gives a resolution of 4960x1600 ? I know EYEFINITY does not allow that setup yet, but they say should in future driver releases. Can you play WoW like that at full res ? Please post pic's. I assume you use SoftTH ? I think the 20"+30"+20" is the #1 setup for triple screen gaming in my opinion. AMD better get it working.

How do you like that mini Apple keyboard ? Is it comfortable ? How about for WoW and gaming ?

Is that a Nexus-1 on your desk ? You like ?

my awesome work setup... mostly stuff I found laying around (except the toughbook!) My "office" is literally an old storage closet :( The monitors are 1704FPT and 1905FP. I had to use a 17 to fit under the hutch. I hope to get dual 22's next budget cycle
office003.jpg

office002.jpg

office004.jpg

I have a few old HP tablets too

What do you do if i might ask?

What do you do if i might ask?

Airside Ops Supv for the Dept of Aviation here at the ATL. I coordinate airfield construction work between our P&D department, contractors and the FAA. I also do a lot of other miscellaneous jobs, such as runway incursion prevention team and oversee our snow/ice plan (which will prob go into affect tomorrow, if you are flying through ATL on friday, expect delays!). Fun stuff. I have a degree in Aviation Mgmt from ULM

legoman: your case is fucking awesome, good pics on the forum on what you did there.

where did you get the LED light bar behind your monitor. if in fact that is a LED light?

wow $50!!!

pix w/ them on? =P

ugh, I have not finished cleaning up the cabling since redoing the desk, so mess aside, here they are lit up blue...this is also without me sticking them back to the monitors yet, they're just kind of hanging in air of the arms at the moment. They have 6 colors in them?

thepawn
Nice setup :cool: Few questions.

So your new setup with the 20" Portrait + 30" Landscape + 20" Portrait gives a resolution of 4960x1600 ? I know EYEFINITY does not allow that setup yet, but they say should in future driver releases. Can you play WoW like that at full res ? Please post pic's. I assume you use SoftTH ? I think the 20"+30"+20" is the #1 setup for triple screen gaming in my opinion. AMD better get it working.

How do you like that mini Apple keyboard ? Is it comfortable ? How about for WoW and gaming ?

Is that a Nexus-1 on your desk ? You like ?

Hey Zorachus,

In OSX the game has to support it, there's no Eyefinity equivalent. Warcraft on the OSX won't span across it...only a few games do, like XPlane or Quake 3, and XPlane will only span across the same video card (I use two to drive the 3 displays until some 58xx drivers come out)... although with a Linux Eyefinity, I can only hope maybe they'll make an OSX one. ;) lol.

I am looking to install Eyefinity in my Win7 x64 bootcamp and give it a go, according to the test page, it will support the resolution, but I have not had the time so far.

World of Warcraft (plus expansions) Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition 7680x1600

I do have to say that this Mac keyboard has been one of the best I've used, I really like the key response... I've gone through everything from the old IBM clackity DasKeyboard type, to MS Natural, Natural Elite and MS Comfort Curve...previous to this Apple one my favorite was the Microsoft "Comfort Curve 2000" cheapo one...

..and good eye, yes, that is a Nexus One. After the most recent patch and the release of Urban Spoon for Android, it rocks! :) lol. I've got an unboxing and someother shots on my flickr:

thepawn,

off topic for this thread, I know, but is that the Samson CO1U? Do you like it?

thepawn,

off topic for this thread, I know, but is that the Samson CO1U? Do you like it?

I do, it's shockingly good for its price point! I've used it to record podcast-type audio or for my Skype conferences so far - wanted a nice "booming radio voice" for my conference calls, lol. :) Didn't try music on it yet... If you pick one up, get the kit, for $20 more its far cheaper then buying the pieces individually.

I do, it's shockingly good for its price point! I've used it to record podcast-type audio or for my Skype conferences so far - wanted a nice "booming radio voice" for my conference calls, lol. :) Didn't try music on it yet... If you pick one up, get the kit, for $20 more its far cheaper then buying the pieces individually.

My brother has one too. He bought it because it's USB and therefore able to bypass his crappy onboard sound on his laptop. I think he's satisfied with it.

legoman: your case is fucking awesome, good pics on the forum on what you did there.

holy hell very nice craftsmanship!

nicest case ive seen in a looong time... cases now adays are looking too futuristic for me.. i may have to try that..

or ask you to make one for me haha:p

Cheers guys ;) I've made two other cases as well, this and this.

Back