Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Yup. A lot easier on the eyes and way cheaper that one 30" :D After Kyle upgraded, I got monitor envy,,,plus, staring at a monitor 16 hours a day is killer on the eyes...this helps.

I could never use multiple monitors if I didn't have a task bar on each. I don't know how you do it.

use ultramon if you want taskbars on all of them. Most of the time I used to use my second display to show system info, music, movies etc so I would work on my main monitor and throw whatever window to the second display that I wanted. Not having a taskbar works if you use it like that.

mylcds01.jpg

I usually run my taskbar on the left side of the screen. Since I sometimes have a LOT of open windows, this helps since they stack vertically here so I have a bit more room than showing them side-by-side.

nice lcd's Steve hey dude can you take a further pic so we can see the desk. I'm having serious thoughts about buying that desk.

use ultramon if you want taskbars on all of them. Most of the time I used to use my second display to show system info, music, movies etc so I would work on my main monitor and throw whatever window to the second display that I wanted. Not having a taskbar works if you use it like that.

I have issues with UltraMon every time I have used it. I LOVE the spanning tool bar and wallpaper look but I have problems every time I use UM. :(

mylcds01.jpg

I usually run my taskbar on the left side of the screen. Since I sometimes have a LOT of open windows, this helps since they stack vertically here so I have a bit more room than showing them side-by-side.

Is the half chugged bottle of V8 in the picture for artistic effect? ;)

@Volucris: I like the . . . atmosphere in your shot. The wood, tones, colors and rugged, manly clutter work well together. Oh, and the hardware ain't bad, either. Now, if you just had a half-chugged bottle of V8 in the picture, it would be perfect. :D

Is the half chugged bottle of V8 in the picture for artistic effect? ;)

Naw, it's for shock value! For the right amount of money, I will usually chug that entire bottle (at room temperature) in under 3 minutes! I love my warm V8 --and I especially love the reaction I get from people that don't!!

back on track, here's my current LCD set up on my [H] work rig (crappy picture):

http://www.****************************/workstation_06_1.jpg

You smoke cigars around you monitors and pc or are those like the half chugged bottle of V8?

Another shot of my ever-changing "dungeon"...

mylcds02.jpg

My current dual-display laptop setup. I'm doing a lot of my AutoCAD drafting from home here... HP 17" Pavilion zd700 w/2GB ram and additional Viewsonic 19"

mylcds03.jpg

mylcds04.jpg

Some systems I'm working on at the moment. Right is a Dell Optiplex sx270 with integrated 15" display, center is my main diagnostic display (an old Dell 18" VGA / DVI), and left is a Dell Optiplex sx280 which is dwarfed by the massive 22" Chimei it's driving. Just bought 3 of those Chimei 22" displays from NewEgg and I have to say they RAWK!!!

When are panel manufacturers going to start offering left & right versions of their panels, so things like USB ports & card readers remain accessable in a multi-panel setup?

DSCF0048-2.jpg

DSCF0045-1.jpg

there's a 8 inch 150 watt subwoofer to the left of the pc, somehow i will figure out how to get it in a picture ;)

matrix:
Nice lighting. I thought this was a catalog images for a second. ;)

I would switch locations of laptopy and phony so no ouchy on toey...

matrix:
Nice lighting. I thought this was a catalog images for a second. ;)

I would switch locations of laptopy and phony so no ouchy on toey...

no ouchy on the toey? lol. what do ya mean? :confused: i will put the laptop or phone on the swivel stand when i get them, i bought 4.

the bottom pic the shade was closed, the top one i just opened the shade all the way :).

lol I meant that you could take advantage of the virtical bar of the shelf section to act as a guard rail for the laptop, and place the phone in front, as it could be dropped with much less financial and physical ramifications. The laptop is probably fine where it is, but if your like me, you have at least one dumb ass friend who knows how to f things up in a hurry.

lol I meant that you could take advantage of the virtical bar of the shelf section to act as a guard rail for the laptop, and place the phone in front, as it could be dropped with much less financial and physical ramifications. The laptop is probably fine where it is, but if your like me, you have at least one dumb ass friend who knows how to f things up in a hurry.

don't worry, i live by myself ;). i have all my network things back there thoughl. see? :)

DSCF0051-1.jpg

DSCF0052-1.jpg

besides, i keep the laptop all on the desk, no part of it hanging off. that way if i bump anything its the desk, and the pads under the laptop won't let it slide easily :)

there's a 8 inch 150 watt subwoofer to the left of the pc, somehow i will figure out how to get it in a picture ;)

What kinda subwoofer is it? I'm looking for a small sub with those specs.

BTW, where did you find your Jerker? I remember when you were scouring the earth to find one.

What kinda subwoofer is it? I'm looking for a small sub with those specs.

BTW, where did you find your Jerker? I remember when you were scouring the earth to find one.

its a megaworks 550 thx 5.1 subwoofer by creative. unfortunately its discontinued ;) but the closest thing would be the gigaworks s700's 5.1 setup sub is 8 inches but 210 watts :).

i got my jerker from craigslist with the help of a friend :D

matrix, is that main LCD some sort of reflective LCd like the sony brite type LCD? It's so anti glare

Back