Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

yeah i know.. It's not neatly organized.

desktop.JPG

JacobC1983 said:
Ok, I understand how cool those westys are.. but you had higher resolution with the 2405fpw

If you were going to spend that type of money on a monitor for the pc.. why didn't you just get the 30 inch dell or apple? the resolution is almost twice that of a 1080p LCD... Its not the size bug you need to be bit by, its the resolution bug

if you use it for TV I understand.. but for a gaming computer.. you basically just moved backwards in resolution and by sitting that close it would be pixelated as hell.. I have a 1080p LCD also and its just not for use the close to your eyes- the pixels are just bigger so you see more distortion
so whats the deal?

I think you should check out a Westy 37" before talking about it in such a disparaging and somewhat uneducated manner. I have a Dell 24" and a Westy 37" and the Westy blows the Dell away. The Westy is vastly superior for gaming, movies, HDTV and is on par with the Dell for computer application use (no real advantage there) although I like the Westy better here too because I can sit back an relax and still read fonts that I would need to stick my face up to the Dell monitor to comfortably read. Pixelated? Not even.

After:

P1010020.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity - what's the the device in the lower left of the picture - looks like a digital meter (?) of some sort. Same level as the keyboard - just left.

thanks!
:cool:

Here's my new set up with my Westy 37'' using it as a PC monitor for gaming, HDTV from Comcast for TV, and watching DVDs as well...it does it all! Anyone interested in buying a Dell 2405?

randy5554 said:
linux-works , cool clock!

that was a gift from DEC when I worked for them, back in the late 80's. I was in a group that also did the 'infoserver' (a bank of cdrom drives as a network file server). they gave that clock as a gift and I glued over the main cd with an ultrix cd ;)

RIP DEC. one of the truly great pioneers in computing ;(

MentatYP said:
linux-works,
Lemme guess: DPReview with the font size cranked up a couple of notches? :)

I am running freebsd and using fvwm as my 'desktop'.

yes, its the dpr site. regular size fonts, though.

Here is a pic of my of my setup, which is still a WiP. Its really difficult to get a shot of the whole thing. There are surround speakers on the left and right sides and in the back of the room for when I am watching HDTV from a couch facing the desk. The CRT monitor often appears washed out in pics too, but its actually a very dark and rich display. The larger monitor is a 37" westinghouse 37w3 LCD, and the smaller one is a 24" sony FW9012 ("FW900") CRT. I run them in dual mode with objectdock running toolbars on the 24" mainly, keeping the 37" screen as the primary screen for apps and games without interface clutter.

The westy monitor is sitting on a mini computer desk/stand from target I had in storage. Its hard to see in the pic, but it allows the monitor to sit further back behind my corner desk. I've found 3'10" to my chest a very comfortable viewing distance. Also please excuse the fire extinguisher I had there to hold back the tapestry while I ran some wires and forgot about it until after I saw the pic. lol.. And everything including the desk tends to look miniature in the pics to me but its actually quite a substantial area and the monitors are both pretty large. I think its partially a perspective thing fooling your eyes into seeing the keyboard and other things as larger than they are because they are closer to the camera. I'm considering getting a strong LCD arm to replace the mini-desk in the future but here is the setup as it is for now:

westy-FullDesk-B_10-31-06.jpg

Here is my setup, it's a little old. It's on a new desk now.

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Don't worry, my speakers are spread out further on my new desk.

I can assure you the tower was on. However it doesn't look like it at all.
The side panel fan might now have been plugged in, but everything else should have been running.

Pretty strange eh.

Bob

onlyspfc said:
I don't even know why I am playing as Real Madrid. Everybody on the team is completely overrated. Eto is the only one who is not overrated. Ronaldinho just gets paid a distgustingly amount of money because he brings alot of media and press to the team. We all know that AC Milan is the best team in the world
lol, sorry, couldn't resist :p :D ;)

Bleet said:
Yes, it is a modded 360. I paitned the shell black and dremel'd the "X" into place. IT lights up with red LEDs when it is turned on. The silver box is the dvd drive to the 360. I took it out so I could put a 80mm fan directly on top of the GPU heatsink.

Pics:
DSC01390600x450.jpg

DSC01388600x450.jpg

Also, here are soem other pics of this room.... Please ignore all the woman's clothing and iitems.... This is the bonus room so I have to share with my mom.

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

I'd kill my self if i had to live in that wirey mess ^__^

boomheadshot45 said:
lol, sorry, couldn't resist :p :D ;)

LoL for online play I use SPFC (Sao Paulo Futebol Clube)>> Brazilian team I'm a fan of..hence the name onlyspfc:)
this was just the "PLAY NOW" option for the pix...
And I think u meant Barcelona here:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Originally Posted by onlyspfc
I don't even know why I am playing as Real Madrid. Everybody on the team is completely overrated. Eto is the only one who is not overrated. Ronaldinho just gets paid a distgustingly amount of money because he brings alot of media and press to the team. We all know that AC Milan is the best team in the world.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

But I do agree with Milan being the best team in the world; KAKA IS THE MAN!

im jsut sho9cked it looks so damn good, ffia o nthe pc has horribly dissapointed me since 02 :(

el rolio said:
im jsut sho9cked it looks so damn good, ffia o nthe pc has horribly dissapointed me since 02 :(
I liked the 03, the 06 was alright and the 07 is great.

Back