Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Nice setup spacecadet. Are those side LCD's (sorry I dont know my Dell's) the perfectly matched up height wise with the middle one? Also what are you using to support all three? I am looking to do that with my setup because the 3rd monitor on the right has legs that get in the way of my mouse movement. Does it allow for rotation once you have them mounted?

My dorm room:

pcmac.jpg

offline.jpg

...and now...
2405x2.jpg

2x 2405FPW, Samsung 910t, Dell 1900fp/Samsung 191t with a Windows XP box and a Mac G5

Spare-Flair said:

Hey whats all that stuff at the top and bottom right of your desktop display? is it some kind of start menu or something? thats a nice (Brave!) Setup you have, isnt it too noisy though with nothing to block the noise from the fans/hard drive etc?

Space-Flair and CuPoJaVa, I'd like more information about your background images, and/or screensavers. Thanks.

Rash said:
Hey whats all that stuff at the top and bottom right of your desktop display? is it some kind of start menu or something? thats a nice (Brave!) Setup you have, isnt it too noisy though with nothing to block the noise from the fans/hard drive etc?

That's a custom background and windows shell I have running in conjunction with a stat monitoring program called Coolmon. I can grab a screenshot later when I get home. Actually, the system is much more quiet on the table than in the case. Unless the harddrive is reading, you can't hear anything, the other drive is in an enclosure. Because all the parts are exposed, there is less need for cooling so the fans are spinning quietly. Also, when everything was in the case, the rush of air against the walls components, etc. and also the additional 4 case fans was much louder.

CuPoJava said:
offline.jpg

2x 2405FPW, Samsung 910t, Dell 1900fp/Samsung 191t with a Windows XP box and a Mac G5
what are those system off line things? backgrounds? screen savers? i want them! :D

Spare-Flair said:
But a real Trekkie would stick their fingers in the screen thinking it was a touchscreen LCARs display :)

Yeah, my screens are FULL of fingerprints from that ;)

Hey thanks, I download some old win 98 star trek screen saver from the internet, but even today, they work quite nicely w/ XP Pro

btf1980 said:
Very nice clean setup Durandel.
Thanks. My next project is to figure out the wiring under my desk. In short, that is not so neat :D. Anyone know where I can buy those velcro ties? I get tired of using zip-ties...

BaNaNaS said:
Durandal, link to desk?
Actually, the desk is homemade. I purchased the countertop from Menards in their scrap pile...it came from a kitchen someone didn't want. The original size was over twelve feet long, so I cut it to length.

The legs, are just 4" PVC with end caps, and painted black (matte finish) to match the top. In all I think I spent $50 making these desks. You can find some great deals at both Home Depot and Menards in their "scrap" piles. Basically, if someone is unhappy with the color, size, or even if there is a small scratch/chip in the countertop, they send it back and the stores re-sell it at a significant discount.

Here is a "zoomed out" picture. The desk on the left is about 5' long, and the other is 7'. The basement as a whole is still a work in progress, but you get the idea :D. Thanks for the interest!!

ComputerRoom.jpg

_Durandal_ said:
Actually, the desk is homemade. I purchased the countertop from Menards in their scrap pile...it came from a kitchen someone didn't want. The original size was over twelve feet long, so I cut it to length.

The legs, are just 4" PVC with end caps, and painted black (matte finish) to match the top. In all I think I spent $50 making these desks. You can find some great deals at both Home Depot and Menards in their "scrap" piles. Basically, if someone is unhappy with the color, size, or even if there is a small scratch/chip in the countertop, they send it back and the stores re-sell it at a significant discount.

Here is a "zoomed out" picture. The desk on the left is about 5' long, and the other is 7'. The basement as a whole is still a work in progress, but you get the idea :D. Thanks for the interest!!

ComputerRoom.jpg

What type of floor stands do you have your speakers on? I havn't been able to find any that fit the z-680's.

btf1980 said:
Alex, I think you should be posting in the "mobile computing" section, not here.
I may have misunderstood the purpose of this thread but if you use simple logic, a laptop has an lcd screen and without being something extraordinary unlike a 30" ACD or a 2405fpw, it's not bad so I just thought it would be nice to show it to you guys, I think you may post clear guidelines concerning this kind of subjet.

As for the desk, the laptop itself made a big hole in my wallet so I had no choice but to wait, I may get a Jerker or something from Staples. If you have any suggestion, I'd be glad if you just let me know.

As for the post in the wrong section....Sorry guys.

ASmith said:
What type of floor stands do you have your speakers on? I havn't been able to find any that fit the z-680's.
The stands are actually from Walmart. Here is a link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2045620

Note, the actual picture does vary from the actual product in-store. I picked up two sets of these stands and they were slightly different than what is shown. One thing I had to do is mod a small metal piece, which took all of five minutes. Basically, you have to take an L-shaped piece and cut about four inches off of it, and then bend it to fit the curvature of the speaker itself.

If you need pictures of how I modded it, I'd be more than happy to post some for you. The stands work awesome though, and only cost $28 a pair!

Wesley1357 said:
what the specs?:)
Desk Dimensions:
Length: 64" (5' 4")
Width: 27" (2' 3")
Height: 29" (2' 5")

What I tried to do is find the point where my arms were bent slightly less than 90 degrees. Most desks seem too high for me, so when I'm sitting at a computer I like to be able to rest my elbows on the chair without the feeling of my legs losing circulation (because the chair is up so high). I've found that 29" or less is perfect.

Granted, any kitchen countertop would work for this purpose as most/all are a standard depth of 27". This of course gives enough room for an LCD, speakers, and a keyboard. It works ok for a CRT, but if you have one that's really deep, you'll be right at the edge of the desk. Either way it's an inexpensive way to build a desk that not only looks good, but functions well also.

I'm assuming that is what you wanted to know when you asked for specs correct? If I totally missed the boat here let me know and I'll post all over again :D.

_Durandal_ said:
Desk Dimensions:
Length: 64" (5' 4")
Width: 27" (2' 3")
Height: 29" (2' 5")

What I tried to do is find the point where my arms were bent slightly less than 90 degrees. Most desks seem too high for me, so when I'm sitting at a computer I like to be able to rest my elbows on the chair without the feeling of my legs losing circulation (because the chair is up so high). I've found that 29" or less is perfect.

Granted, any kitchen countertop would work for this purpose as most/all are a standard depth of 27". This of course gives enough room for an LCD, speakers, and a keyboard. It works ok for a CRT, but if you have one that's really deep, you'll be right at the edge of the desk. Either way it's an inexpensive way to build a desk that not only looks good, but functions well also.

I'm assuming that is what you wanted to know when you asked for specs correct? If I totally missed the boat here let me know and I'll post all over again :D.

i am talking about the computer. :eek: :D :)

Wesley1357 said:
i am talking about the computer.
Lol, ok sorry for the random useless post then :D. My computer specs are nothing to write home about.

System 1: (Left-hand side w/ LCD)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1GB PC3200 Mushkin High Performance 2-2-2
Abit NF7-S rev. 2 Motherboard
80GB Maxtor HDD Primary, 80GB WDD Secondary
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro AGP
Antec 480W TruePower
19" FujiPlus FP-988D LCD

System 2: (Right-hand side w/ CRT)
AMD Athlon 1600+
512MB PC2100 Mushkin
Soyo K7V-Dragon Plus Motherboard
Gainward GeForce 3 Ti200
2x40GB Maxtor 7200rpm HDD's in RAID 0
2x200GB Maxtor Storage Drives
480W Antec TruePower
19" Hitachi CM751 CRT

See...I'm in need of an upgrade :p. However, I do have three parts...nForce 4 SLI motherboard, an eVGA 7800GT, and an Antec P180 case just begging to be finished. Sorry if you thought the systems might contain elite hardware ;)

_Durandal_ said:
Thanks. My next project is to figure out the wiring under my desk. In short, that is not so neat :D. Anyone know where I can buy those velcro ties? I get tired of using zip-ties...

What is that control on the left of the screen? And it seems to be for left-hand person.

P.S. Would you by chance to have the "Before" wallpaper of that girl who gets to her current orgasm state? :D

Rockinfella2k said:
Old Setup:

What's the odd that in 2 photo shoot, both shoots missed the face of that girl on the right? :D

Is that Pam Anderson, if so, she didn't has her boobs done back then.

Happy Hopping said:
What's the odd that in 2 photo shoot, both shoots missed the face of that girl on the right? :D

Is that Pam Anderson, if so, she didn't has her boobs done back then.

These Small boobs???

pam3gz.jpg

skudmunky said:
I have that same stereo system. Use it for the TV since the CD player conked out a while ago, and we don't listen to CDs anyways.

I use it as what you call a Amplifier...I use it to crank up the volume through the speakers, gets extremelllly loud!

Back