show off your vid card!!

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
believe it or not, it's not heavy at all. weighs less than a zalman HP-80 or a ThermalTake Giant II

Good stuff, way to keep it practical at the same time as having some bitch ass fine cooling. ;)

You buy those like that.....some guy was selling them on ebay, and i thought it was his work. Shortly after i found a site where you can but them like that. llthought i thought it cam with 2 memory fans....And is that 4 VRs on that thing? 4 voltmods?

Edit: non the less its still cool...

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
You buy those like that.....some guy was selling them on ebay, and i thought it was his work. Shortly after i found a site where you can but them like that. llthought i thought it cam with 2 memory fans....And is that 4 VRs on that thing? 4 voltmods?

Edit: non the less its still cool...

Actually, he sells DIY kits, and he will perform labor, but you still have to get your own card :) And the active memory coolers are optional, for me, the second one wouldnt fit in my case, so I only got one (all that was necessary). 4 voltmods, yes.

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Actually, he sells DIY kits, and he will perform labor, but you still have to get your own card :) And the active memory coolers are optional, for me, the second one wouldnt fit in my case, so I only got one (all that was necessary). 4 voltmods, yes.

scwet, i just saw the ones that he builds. i SWEAR i saw a 9800pro with the 2 memory fans, i wonder witch cards they fit on then?

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
scwet, i just saw the ones that he builds. i SWEAR i saw a 9800pro with the 2 memory fans, i wonder witch cards they fit on then?

no, lol, they do have 2 memory fans, just that my memory slots interfere with the second one, so i only have 1.

Here's my video card. I've been wanting to post for a while, I just got around to it.
Check it out, the premier gaming graphics card. It's called a voodoo.

voodoo.jpg

It's awesome! I installed the glQuake mod and Quake is nothing like it was before. Check it out, 8 - 512k memory chips for a total of 4 meg of memory! 2 for textures and 2 for buffer memory. And look! PCI slots! Kickass! :p

lanboy_08.jpg

Arctic Cooling VGA silencer & OCZ Ramsinks, on BB ATI AIW 9800 PRO

Can go 420/380 artifact free.

Ok, here is mine, its a copper P4 1u from frys, same as someone else here, but the the P4 one is larger, and i trimmed it to gain the extra surface area.

1u.jpg

memsink.jpg

custom ramsinks, w00t

here is my Radeon 9800np 128mb BB ATI in my Shuttle runing 420/325 all day :) It can go higher but 420 is stable and safe so am more than happy :) Below is a Idq 200N with a BB ATI 9800pro running 430/360 which belongs to my cousin ( PuffyJay)

0016.JPG

QUOTE]i see 2 VR's by the VDD mod, but no wires attached to VREF, what have you done?[/QUOTE]

The two Vrs on the vdd side ...are 2 10k pots that are stacked to make 20k....when I did the mod I only had 10kpots laying around. So I used them.

The Volt mod is a standard volt mod, Look closely and you'll see there is a 10k on the Vref.....

been meaning to do some cooling mods on my hercules 9800 aiw for a while now, heres the results

fr33ze-PICT0077.JPG

bottom
fr33ze-PICT0080.JPG

check out the out of line gpu cooler :)

voltmods are on there way, honestly, just need some spare time and some dam soldering skillz

Originally posted by Nidrav
looks like the HSF would interfere with the AGP slot...

Not if you take into account that the AGP slot is 1/2" or so off of the mobo. Looks like it has just enough room.

9.JPG

10.JPG

So far it does 475/415 without locking up. Starts to core artifact slightly though.

Originally posted by Nidrav
looks like the HSF would interfere with the AGP slot...

i had to cut off a small corner of the hsf to get it to fit, otherwise yeah it would have interfered
fr33ze-PICT0081.JPG

Originally posted by ati_azn
how can i post my picture on the thread?

Go to www.theforumisdown.com (or any other image upload site) and upload your pic. It'll give you a link to your file, copy that. When you're posting a reply just click on the IMG button and paste in that link to the picture and you're good to go.

Personally, I do like 1stclasspcs a lot more for uploading 'cus it's a very nicely setup site and you have a lot more room to work in terms of image size.....up to like 500kb is no problem and last time I checked they were simply asking for files under 2MB or something.....but it might have changed to 500KB. Still, a very nice site with a manageable file size limit.

The only down side to 1stclasspcs is you have to register and wait a bit for the account to be verified by a mod.

Originally posted by fallguy
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dfall/Comp/vcards2.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dfall/Comp/vcards3.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dfall/Comp/vcards4.jpg

Once again, bigger isnt always better. :)

where the vmods brotha?? ;)

My 9800XT does 480/420 on stock cooling.. I dont want to vmod it :(

My little home made ram sinks, just added Artic Silver between the penny and the cupper cubes also the the gpu hs. Got an extra 10MHz off the ram, and an extra 20MHz off the core. :)

450/390 No vmods.

Sorry about low quality pics, its the best my camcorder can do.

NOTE: IF THERE IS A LITTLE RED X IN A WHITE BOX, RIGHT CLICK ON THE LITTLE RED X IN A WHITE BOX AND CLICK SHOW PICTURE.

f9b107bc.jpg

f9b107b9.jpg

Originally posted by fallguy
My 9800XT does 480/420 on stock cooling.. I dont want to vmod it :(

That's not fair.....mine tops out at 430/390 before I get artifacts. I wonder why I never get any good cards. :confused: :(

I mean, I could make it DO 480/420.....I just wouldn't be able to see what was going on on the screen, that's all. ;)

Originally posted by xSteathx

NOTE: IF THERE IS A LITTLE RED X IN A WHITE BOX, RIGHT CLICK ON THE LITTLE RED X IN A WHITE BOX AND CLICK SHOW PICTURE.

didnt w0rk

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
What the hell's so funny about it????? That is/would have been one damn fine card, there's nothing weird about it. It's called being innovative.

PLEASE tell me you aren't getting defensive because someone said a video card looked funny.

Originally posted by KingPariah777
PLEASE tell me you aren't getting defensive because someone said a video card looked funny.

Geez, it sure took me awhile to figure out how insanely far back you were going when you quoted me on that.....sheesh. :rolleyes:

Hey, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've done/said in the past and believe me.....it won't be the last. ;)

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Geez, it sure took me awhile to figure out how insanely far back you were going when you quoted me on that.....sheesh. :rolleyes:

Hey, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've done/said in the past and believe me.....it won't be the last. ;)

I am the king of digging up old posts.

Back