Show off your networking gear!

grjr

[H]ard|Gawd
Rules-
1. Keep images to a reasonable size
2. Post network equipment that you OWN please
3. Don't reserve spots! Post when you have your pics at hand

My small network- Toshiba cable modem, Netgear Super-G router, Dell 24-port 10/100 switch, Belkin 800VA UPS

edit:
I didn't know there was already a thread about this in networking, when I saw that there was an image gallery forum I just decided to post this :)

dlinkrouter.jpg

I suggest you get a can of compressed air :D. Ok maybe I need one too. My network is simple. Motorola SB4220 Cable modem and a Dlink 524 Wireless G router. Also a p3 933Mhz w/256MB of RDRAM as a gentoo box. Of course a couple of other PC's.

k guys now a few updated Pics of my current network at home(Germany)
sry fr the size...
100_1693.jpg

comp_01.jpg
comp_02.jpg
comp_03.jpg

Motorola Surfboard 5100
Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router with several fried ports (acts as wireless access point)
Linksys BEFSR41 Router with funked firmware (acts as router)
All hidden behind one door of my home entertainment setup. :D

122_2210s.JPG

Whatsisname said:
http://www.iupload.net/042004/hangingswitch.jpg

it got the job done.

umm aren't you worried that the staples may short the ports?

Okay, i reserved this front page slot (i hope) and will upload some pics tonight.

Matt

upload_154764.jpg

Coincidentally, I have 4 Switch/Routers , 3 of them Linksys Cisco models, 1 is a Belkin, I got for $50 with 802.11b and G...

Ironically Enough, Id rather trade in one of my router/switches for a 5 Port 10/100 switch.

Network Diagram
network1.jpg

HP NetServer LC II
network2.jpg

Hopefully soon I can begin to finish my basement and tidy up my network a bit. More pics to come soon.

Speedstream dsl modem and linksys 4 port dsl router with wifi AP modded in a optical splice rack mount enclosure. I was having problems with the dsl modem getting hot and disconnectiong after being connected for over 4 hours so i mounted a 120mm fan over it runnin at 7 volts so its near silent. Right now i got some fiber optics so i can glue them to the leds and attach the other end to the front so i can see the traffic on the network.
net3.jpg

net5.jpg

Marklar said:
Speedstream dsl modem and linksys 4 port dsl router with wifi AP modded in a optical splice rack mount enclosure. I was having problems with the dsl modem getting hot and disconnectiong after being connected for over 4 hours so i mounted a 120mm fan over it runnin at 7 volts so its near silent. Right now i got some fiber optics so i can glue them to the leds and attach the other end to the front so i can see the traffic on the network.
net3.jpg

net5.jpg

I am impressed...nice work!

Well, it's kind of an all encompassing pic, but here goes:

workstation.jpg

I know, I know, I need to make things look better, especially when it comes to the cables. That's happening soon. I'm plannnign on re-organizing the rack.

Anyway, you can see the cable modem sitting on top of the ServSwitch, and a Cisco SOHO 91 (I think, don't remember) sitting on the rack. It's actually sitting on top of my new Linux desktop that wasn't there when I took that pic.

I'll try to get some new pics when I re-do all the cabling. Might even tackle that tomorrow.

Marklar, I love that setup. That is just too cool. Great job! b d

EDIT: This is my reorganization job:

cleanworkstation-1.jpg

Wasn't completely done when I took that pic, mostly just needed to add the Windows box speakers back in. The flash drowns out my cable modem, and I'm just using my router/switch now, eliminating the hub that I had hooked up as well. Also, the Dell box isn't currently in use. I have to develop ambition to use it for what I want to, just haven't gotten that far yet. :D

Heres an old pic of the new rack in my house. I will have to take a newer pic later
rack.jpg

you got some list of equip?

what cases are that, i like them :)

network.jpg

Picture is slightly out of date, will update and include more pics ASAP.

gymboy689 said:
and that is...
when one full duplex lan cable gives you 100 mbit, what do you get when you connect 2 or more cables to one pc ? Right, 200 mbit or more.

So 4 cables = 400 mbit connection. That is trunking. Only more "expensive" switches support it.

well technically, it would be theoretically 200Mbit per cable, if its 100Mbit full duplex per connection, giving you a theoretical throughput of 800Mbit/s....

I don't see any machine with 4 cables attached to it though...

also, if you look, he has a gigabit connection from his server to his workstation and two trunked interfaces on the server to a switch

a question to gymboy689, on your switch connected to activemonkey, why do you only have a 100Mbit uplink and a 200Mbit link to your comp?

draconius said:
well technically, it would be theoretically 200Mbit per cable, if its 100Mbit full duplex per connection, giving you a theoretical throughput of 800Mbit/s....

I don't see any machine with 4 cables attached to it though...

also, if you look, he has a gigabit connection from his server to his workstation and two trunked interfaces on the server to a switch

a question to gymboy689, on your switch connected to activemonkey, why do you only have a 100Mbit uplink and a 200Mbit link to your comp?

ill make this short. FULL Duplex does not send data @ 200Mbits per second. google this dammit.

It's good to see more people putting racks in their house these days. I was able to land a shitload of new equipment from a .com that finally died in late 02 and built this beast.

12 Port GB Managed Switch
3 24 Port 10/100 Unmanaged
50 Port Patch Panel
Rackmount UPS (Self Powers entire rack for 4 Hours)
Old Server (AthlonXP 2600+/333, 512MB DDR2100, 1 1000MB NIC, 2 100MB NIC)

Full Construction Gallery

DCP_1974.sized.jpg

mmmm... UPS.. *drool*

I need one of those things desparately. Sadly it'll be a while due to being unemployed. :(

Are there good places to get racks cheap? I don't want to spend a grand, but would love to have a nice rack with cable management. I am in MI if anyone knows any good places around here I should check out.

Back