Should I upgrade my SB Audigy to SB Audigy 2 ZS?

chinese

Limp Gawd
I currently have a SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum and was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the SB Audigy 2 ZS card. Most of the new games out run EAX3 and I think the original Audigy only supports EAX2?

Honestly, it's not worth the upgrade. Wait till they release a new version.. (audigy 3 anyone?)

eax 4.0 was released for the Audigy

i upgraded from an Audigy X-gamer about a month ago to a ZS. definately a difference

if you want a cheap upgrade ($0), try checking out the kx-project 3rd party drivers for the audigy1/2 line. The swap front/rear option is funny (read the FAQ), but they did their homework on it and has solid reasoning behind it. If the drivers claims are half what they say, you'll breathe new life into your Audigy.

Personally I would not bother going from Audigy to a Audigy2 ZS.

Audigy3? *pfft* Where are the Hercules sound cards with VIA Envy chips! :D And I still dream about a Santa Cruz II :p

Both Audigy 2 and Audigy got EAX HD. The difference is only that the EAX HD of the Audigy 2 is tweaked somewhat. The core is exactly the same.

I did this upgrade myself, as I never used the live driver other than head phones, and was tired of running hacked drivers to get the cool new features.. and I must say, I did see a difference in sound quality, and in performance... I felt it was worth the $80 bucks..

Back