Gawd
my current Rig is as Follows:

Amd Athlon64 3500+ Winchester s939 90nm
Asus A8V DELUXE rev1.01 w/1008 bios
1024mb (2x512mb) Crucial Ram
80gb Western Digital WD800JB Harddrive
SamSung 52x24x52x CDRW with 8mb cache
PowerColor ATi Radeon 9800 PRO 256mb

Im thinking about selling mobo + CPU for $350. Is it something i should do.. or should i just stay with this system.

I mainly want to sell because im already bored with this computer and i want to get back into the SFF scene (my small room doesnt have much space so yeah) as well as a QUIETER PC. LMK what your suggestions are.

I would probably downgrade to something slower and cheaper as well since the only game i play is WoW and CS 1.6 not source, not HL2, not DOom3 or any of those.

Well, it's your call really.

If you want quieter why not go H20 or get a silent PSU and silent fans?

The smaller things get, the louder they get. If you think you have a way to have a cool and quiet SFF system, then why not?

But its your money, not mine.

do you think its worth it to stay? I mean im trying to stay away from hardcore gaming to do better in school.. and if i dont have a compuer to handle the games.. i wont play it.

JrCamacho said:
do you think its worth it to stay? I mean im trying to stay away from hardcore gaming to do better in school.. and if i dont have a compuer to handle the games.. i wont play it.

I'm interestingly enough doing the opposite. Finally got a >3.0 GPA this quarter and will be celebrating by spending $1500 on a computer. Not having a computer will definately help you do better in school, but damn, lifes boring that way... And wheres the fun in that?

-zac

id say get a shuttle and go with a small WC kit such as thermaltakes aquarius 2 to keep things quiet
ive seen a guy put that kit in a shuttle before so it CAN be done

I figure since you already have it built, you might as well keep it and invent new and intersting ways of quieting it down.

When I got bored of my system I developed a foamboard cooling scheme & tore the IHS off my A64 just to see how much of a difference it would make. Now I'm experimenting with fan placement in one of my other machines and getting busy with my new dremel 400xpr and some reinforced fiberglass cutting discs. ;)

well if you dont have the self-control to do good in school because of your computer.....then get rid of it. my $0.02.

nah, i cant handle doing homework in front of the computer.. then i have the urge to play games.. LOL!

Im just going to sell it off and get a AthlonXP CPU as i still have my lan party mobo :D

ok bye.

Back