Should I sand my fan?

greensheep

n00b
I bought an NZXT LED 200mm fan from Amazon ahwile back for my PC, and it looks great, but then I went and got two similar Corsair 120mm fans to replace my boring black ones. When I bought them, I did not pay attention to the fact that my larger fan has glasslike transparent fins, while the two smaller ones have translucent fins that allow them to refract light better, and therefor look brighter. I am wondering if I should sand the fins on the larger one to match the smaller ones. If I did, would they match and what grit size sandpaper should I use?

I would just scuff them up with a scotch brite pad. Paint may make the fan unbalanced, and it's also more work than the first suggestion. And, on top of that, you would have to key the surface before painting anyway, unless you want the whole thing to peel off.

I would just scuff them up with a scotch brite pad. Paint may make the fan unbalanced, and it's also more work than the first suggestion. And, on top of that, you would have to key the surface before painting anyway, unless you want the whole thing to peel off.

Good point, I have one of those on hand anyway so I will problably do that.

I ended up using a combination of a scotch brite pad and a sanding block to make the fan blades look foggier, it still is not as good as the corsair fans, but closer than it was.

Back