Should I reapply IC7 Diamond? (h100i, stock paste, 8320)

Silvers24

Gawd
I am using an h100i on my FX 8320, and idle temps are 28c, and load can be 58-60 (But this after a very long time prime95'ing somewhere after 20 minutes? Give or take) @ 4500 with a lower multiplier and fsb at 280 (to keep ram at 1866) (Vcore is 1.44 tried for lower, but 6 and 8 core stopped working)

I ask because, I do wonder...if I could get better temps from my IC7, I have changed the HS/F enough that I didn't care and used the stock paste from the h100i, which I KNOW is better then AS5, and suppose to be up there with Shin Estu and stuff.

Or should I use what I bought, and possibly see something better? Would love to shave some more temps off. But it really is doing great atm. Then again, I am unsure.
Biggest reason, is because the IC7 is giving my CPU a very nice polish to it. Which I expected. (Better then the etching/etc i've heard about it.) plus it can take many wipe offs to remove every last bit (but only if you are OCD about it)
Though the info on the IHS is beginning to get harder and harder to read. haha

Another question, isn't it best to have the fsb higher? Or was I doing okay with a 21.5 Multi @ 200fsb? (Which I would up a little to reach 4.5 as this is 4.3mhz)

Last edited:
Back