Should I go Vista 64 or Win7 64?

Should I install Vista Ultimate 64 bit or Windows 7 7100 64 bit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lodingi

2[H]4U
I formatted my drive and I am reinstalling all my software from scratch. I can install Vista Ultimate 64 or Win7 7100 64 bit. I am a gamer so this is a concern. Which would you choose. Thanks.

I was using vista 64 for a long time before trying out w7, and i've gotta say, i can't think of a reason to go back

I just got off 2 days of x64 7100. I still don't think it's ready. Some Windows Explorer buttons where missing, you can't adjust user folder icons (which is irritating to me), some applications still have to mess with to get to run properly if at all, some plug-ins are still funky, etc. etc. Is it usable? Sure, but it's going to take more work to get to how you want it than Vista would at this point. I don't want to spend time playing around with compatibility mode or different versions of software just to be able to use the newest OS. It's not that different enough where I can't just wait 6 months for an actual released version. It's still just a toy in my opinion.

I do like how I was able to get quick-launch back with the old show desktop button. I'm just still miffed about not being able to adjust the user folder icons like I want.

Vista is history. It had its time, now that time is fast coming to a close. As the RC will be officially released on May 5th, that's the OS to focus on from now on, without needing to look back.

Windows 7 all the way...

Vista is history. It had its time, now that time is fast coming to a close. As the RC will be officially released on May 5th, that's the OS to focus on from now on, without needing to look back.

Windows 7 all the way...

Ah Cinco de Mayo. A wonderful day indeed. So this 7100 build is not the RC? Should I wait until the 5th or go with 7100?

Windows 7 all the way...
... and beyond.

I loved Vista, but now the time has come to say good bye. The king is dead, long live the king.

With our hardware, many of us are so cutting edge. Why not with the OS ?

I dare to predict that the transition from one OS to the next generation has never been as smooth and quick as it will be with Winows 7.

Cinco De Mayo... hehe My wedding date was 05-05-05, go figure... ;) And yes I chose that one for it being quite a memorable date, indeed.

If you can acquire 7100 now, go for it. There's no reason to think that Microsoft has any intentions whatsoever towards dropping another build on April 30th (to MSDN/Technet) and then changing it to some other build before the May 5th public release. The RC track is done, no further development is being done on it, and it ended with build 7100.

Cinco De Mayo... hehe My wedding date was 05-05-05, go figure... ;) And yes I chose that one for it being quite a memorable date, indeed.

If you can acquire 7100 now, go for it. There's no reason to think that Microsoft has any intentions whatsoever towards dropping another build on April 30th (to MSDN/Technet) and then changing it to some other build before the May 5th public release. The RC track is done, no further development is being done on it, and it ended with build 7100.

Gracias amigo. Gonna git er dun. :D

Back