Should I go UHD or FHD on a Thinkpad X1 Carbon?

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone owns a UHD+ Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 9 and what your thoughts are about battery life.

Happy with the purchase or rather go with just the FHD screen especially on an i7 16gb model?

Thanks

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone owns a UHD+ Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 9 and what your thoughts are about battery life.

Happy with the purchase or rather go with just the FHD screen especially on an i7 16gb model?

Thanks
Can't speak to ownership, but if you care about battery life... stick to the FHD (1080p) display. 4K generally hurts battery life on laptops that weren't explicitly designed around it.

That's one of my beefs with Windows laptops: the choices tend to swing either between a no-frills 1080p panel or an all-out 4K screen that cuts your battery life by a few hours. You do see Windows systems with in-between resolutions, but Apple seems to be the only one that regularly offers portables striking that better balance.

Well was playing around with the 4k model last night. Looks good at night but this morning the reflections were out of control. Make a good mirror to comb your hair but the battery lifes not bad at 7-8 hours vs 9-10 on the FHD. Probably keep the FHD one.

perksatwork has some good deals on ThinkPad Carbon gen 9, around $1367 for the 1200p i7 model with 16GB and 1TB SSD. Can get a similar deal direct from Lenovo with 8% cashback from raku10.

Well I returned and sent back the uhd model. The glare was too much. Got the FHD i7 16gb 1tb for $1200 and rakuten cash back.

Back