Should I buy bad ram?

misho

n00b
Hey guys, so this guy is selling his Crucial Tracers 2x1GB, 1066 mhz, which is perfect for me. Price is good =)

But, he says that those ram sticks dont run well on his PC,
He got them from a friend, and they were running perfect, then he tried them on his PC, but it will not boot up every time, basically its a chance if the PC will boot up or not, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

So now, i am thinking, should I buy these ram sticks? He says that if there is anything wrong, crucial have has Lifetime Warranty, but he was too lazy to RMA them.

To buy or not to buy lol

Thanks

If the price is cheap I'd buy. Crucial has a great warranty. If you RMA you are likely to get back better than you sent.

some boards are picky what ram modules are installed on them even though the board is rated for those speeds. if the prices is right i would go for it.

Yep, agree with both of the above reasons. It either doesn't work because it was picky, or it is actually bad, in which case for two weeks and the cost of postage, you're getting a perfectly good set.

Hey guys, i bought 2x1GB Ocz 7200 (900Mhz) sticks and 2x1GB Crucial ballistix 800Mhz innstead

just to be sure. lol

If it's cheap I would get it. Crucial has a lifetime warranty so you can RMA if there's something wrong with it

Back