Should I be fefunded shipping on deal gone bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't mine, seller shipped to an addy totally different than the one I gave him

If it was the sellers fault, he should refund the shipping. You should loose $0 in the transaction.

did you pay with paypal and did he ship to the confirmed address if you did pay with paypal?

You're entitled to the complete $442 you paid. Leave him a negative Heat immediately until he refunds you back, then change it to a neutral for all the shit he put you through.

did you pay with paypal and did he ship to the confirmed address if you did pay with paypal?

Another good point, if your address is PayPal verified then start a dispute. If he can't show proof of delivery to the correct address then PayPal will automatically rule in your favor and refund you the remaining $42.

Also make sure that the $400 he "refunded" you was indeed in the form of a refund (partial refund in this case) and not in the form of a payment be it personal or for goods/services.

I've shipped an item to a wrong address and either paid to re-route the package or refunded the total money paid immediately. The seller in your case should do the same.
I ate the cost of shipping everytime.

Yes the addy is paypal verified and I've already started a dispute, much to my chagrin I couldn't reason with the seller, it's seems like such a simple concept, I paid for the item and supplied a paypal verified addy, through no fault of mine the package is shipped somewhere else.

While I do feel bad for the seller, the way I understood it the package was dropped off at packaging/shipping store and they sent it to the wrong addy, but it was supposed to be insured anyway.

Yes the addy is paypal verified and I've already started a dispute, much to my chagrin I couldn't reason with the seller, it's seems like such a simple concept, I paid for the item and supplied a paypal verified addy, through no fault of mine the package is shipped somewhere else.

While I do feel bad for the seller, the way I understood it the package was dropped off at packaging/shipping store and they sent it to the wrong addy, but it was supposed to be insured anyway.

You'll be fine, there's no way the seller can prevent PayPal from drawing the funds from his account and reimbursing you the remaining amount. That's one good thing about PayPal, no proof of delivery = no seller protection.

Yes, you are entitled to a refund for shipping.

Shipper erorr!!! :D

You'll be fine, there's no way the seller can prevent PayPal from drawing the funds from his account and reimbursing you the remaining amount. That's one good thing about PayPal, no proof of delivery = no seller protection.

That is if he still has funds in his paypal account. If seller withdrew/spent funds you might win the dispute but it doesn't guarantee you will recover funds. Good luck OP.

That is if he still has funds in his paypal account. If seller withdrew/spent funds you might win the dispute but it doesn't guarantee you will recover funds. Good luck OP.

What if he had a CC or checking account tied to his PP account? Would it not just charge one of those for the balance he owes?

Amazon Payments will refund you the full amount, even if seller withdraws the funds and takes off.

No clue why people still use Paypal atm :confused:

seller should refund shipping costs if he mistakenly put the wrong address (or atleast the mistake happened while in his possession).

I know as a fact from being an eBay seller for a while, that if the seller can not provide proof of delivery to the verified PayPal address the buyer will always win.

This happened to me once on a Powerbook part. I forgot to get delivery confirmation, the guy got it, then filed this. :/ I was only out 40 or so, but it still bites.

The smartest thing people can do with their PayPal when they sell shit is use the PayPal to buy the postage as it will prepopulate the information, preventing any "whoops".

The OP's last post in this thread was over a month ago. playah if you need to update this let one of the mods know and we'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back