Should i be concerned?

Elemenopee

n00b
Well i just finished building my new comp. However under full load its pushing temps close to 65 C and i'm wondering if this could harm the cpu at all..although idle is around low 40s. I'm not ocing at all so the cpu is runnin stock.

O yeah the specs are
FX-53 939
Zalman CNPS7000A /w Artic Silver 5
Asus A8V Deluxe
Lian Li v1000 case

i've had no crashes or lockups to speak of everything is runnin fine...but i'd just wanna make sure that those temps are ok.

Those temps arent fatal, but with a chip that expensive i'd invest in a little better hsf, and some more case fans. :)

thing is this besides trying to build a real high quality comp i also wanted a quiet one...and the thing is freaking silent i mean the loudest part is the cd rom drive lol

although i think i might try reversing the exhaust fan and make it an intake since there really isn't an active intake for the mobo/cpu on the v1000. I think that might help some

Maybe run it bit with the case open, and see if that helps. Also make sure you've got the HS on as tight as you can, and don't have too much AS on there. 65C is pushing acceptable. Is that stock or overclocked?

the fx's run hot - and 65 is the outer limit of acceptible, from what I have read - I understand silence can be golden (but it can be nasty for a cpu like that too - where is the case sitting? On the floor? (bad if carpet - can block certain intakes - no experience with that case - If the case takes 120mm fans - use them - as they can be quieter than 80mm fans and pull more air. (Size does matter, in this case as with, erm, others...)
Look at finding a bigger cpu cooler. Also there are new copper based thermal grease that supposedly works wonders (tho I think that might be good for say 1 degree cel at most...)
Doesnt that cooler come with (or can be an addon) a fan holder? If so use a big 120mm fan with it if possible (92mm if not) again as the bigger fan can push more air with less noise...

Back