Shortest length 'non-reference' ATI 5870

RIRed48

Limp Gawd
Which 'non-reference' ATI 5870 is the same size as a nVidia EVGA GTX280?
(10.5" long)...I don't want to have to get a new case...the 280 just fits...

The Powercolor PCS+ 5870 is only 10.5" long. I don't know if any others are shorter.

The Powercolor PCS+ 5870 is only 10.5" long. I don't know if any others are shorter.

The Powercolor PCS+ 5870 has connectors in the back and is actually longer then the reference 5870 when you connect power to them. Its an excellent card and I prefer it much over the reference ASUS 5870 I had though, since its extremely silent and cool running (31C when surfing with 21% fan speed, 59C at 99% load one hour 44% fan speed).

Edit: Same goes with Vapor-X rev. 2:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...por-X-Rev-2-with-custom-PCB-reviewed/Reviews/

isnt the hdd cage move-able? why not just slide the cage up.. card should fit within the 5.25" slots.. pretty much how my GTX 260 fit in my antec 300 case.. had to take one of the hdd's out so the last inch or so of the card fit between 2 of the other drives..

isnt the hdd cage move-able? why not just slide the cage up.. card should fit within the 5.25" slots.. pretty much how my GTX 260 fit in my antec 300 case.. had to take one of the hdd's out so the last inch or so of the card fit between 2 of the other drives..

This is how my 5970 fit's inside my Antec 1200, the end fits inside the HDD caddys nicely it just removes the ability to use 2 of them, but all 5 HDDs fit nicely since it's a big case.

If needed, maybe I could use those metal snippers the sheet-metal guys use, and shorten the back end of the HD cage that's in the way.(Though it's aluminum, and I have no idea if I could cut through that easily). In that HD cage is my SSD and a 120mm 'in' fan...

Bought the Saphire 5870 and the Corsair 850HX PS...after tinkering with my mid-tower case, it turns out that the 5870 will fit... Also, I noticed I had one of my front 120mm fans blowing out instead of in...DOH... it ain't easy getting old...

I'll migrate these parts to the new rig which I'll be able to afford at the end of the year.

Thx for your help, folks...

From the old man who plays FPS games...

This is what I did:

dremel500.jpg

But I'm getting a new case soon anyway.

Nice tool.

BUT, I'm not the most handy guy in the world...wife will attest to that. It's a joke in our household... I tell people the best all-around tool in the home for repairs is called THE TELEPHONE... :)

Back