Shipping dilemma, need your input...

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been a trader here for almost as long as I have been on these forums, and one thing I have always done as a seller is double check the shipping address with the buyer before I put the item out in the mail. I just sold a CPU and both PM'ed and emailed him asking him to confirm his shipping address with me and I've received no word back, and it's going on two days.

What should I do? Wait until I get a reply from him to ship? Or should I just keep to the timetable and ship to the address listed on his Paypal tomorrow?

I've been on good terms here in the FS/FT forum and want to keep it that way. Please help me to do that.

Also, should I still avoid USPS and eat the cost to ship FedEx? (Its going from MI to CA)

If its a long time member, I would ship it. If its one of those few hundred posts, only uses the FS/FT forum, I would wait.

Does the buyer have good references? If yes, ship it as planned. If no, don't ship, refund and cancel trade.

If its a long time member, I would ship it. If its one of those few hundred posts, only uses the FS/FT forum, I would wait.

He's been around about 5 years and has about 400 posts, and not strictly in the FS/FT forum but all over.

Does the buyer have good references? If yes, ship it as planned. If no, don't ship, refund and cancel trade.

He has about a quarter the heat I do (about 15 all positive). But it is positive and going back a few years.

He's been around about 5 years and has about 400 posts, and not strictly in the FS/FT forum but all over.

He has about a quarter the heat I do (about 15 all positive). But it is positive and going back a few years.
I would ship.

First off, you have to ship to the shipping address within paypal to be "protected" correct? So theres that.

Second. It would be his responsibility to think of where the item should be shipped if its different from paypal. How dumb would you have to be to buy something and forget to tell the person you bought from "oh hey, I guess I meant to tell you to ship to "address B" and not "address A".

I would probably just ship it personally. If someone doesnt say something, the logical thing would be they assumed you would ship to the address in paypal.

In terms of your second question. I dont understand the issue between USPS and Fedex. I use both, no issues. I dont understand the issue.

Last edited:
Just wait if you're concerned. USPS and other carriers have largely been on time for me as of this past week so I wouldn't be too worried about who you choose.

for seller protection to work, you have to ship it to the confirmed address on the PayPal account.

I always ask to double the address of the buyer paid me by other means. But if they pay via PayPal, i always ship only to the confirmed address.
In your case I’d ship it.

Ship it to the confirmed address with insurance and signature confirmation.

Alright, off it goes to the PayPal address with signature confirmation and insurance tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Alright, off it goes to the PayPal address with signature confirmation and insurance tomorrow. Thanks guys.
I have shipped thousands of parcels to people all across the world since I got into the seedy underbelly of forum marketplace trading back in 2010. Of all of those transactions, I had one guy who was a college student who had his confirmed PayPal address set to his college dorm. This was in late March of last year, and he was pissed he could not enter the campus to get his RX 580 because they shut things down due to the pandemic. Instantly asked for a refund.

I explained the seller protection thing to him and he decided to grow up and call the campus mailroom. Eventually he hitched a ride to campus and found some nice lady to leave his graphics card on the loading dock for him. :)

I agree with you here 100%. It'll work itself out. (y)

Just wait if you're concerned. USPS and other carriers have largely been on time for me as of this past week so I wouldn't be too worried about who you choose.
I just traded 3070+$$ with someone for 3080 AIO . It washipped before new year and just received it yesterday. And other person received his the day before. Both shipped via USPS Priority. 2+ weeks for priority and almost gave me heart attack thinking about what if they lost it.

I just traded 3070+$$ with someone for 3080 AIO . It washipped before new year and just received it yesterday. And other person received his the day before. Both shipped via USPS Priority. 2+ weeks for priority and almost gave me heart attack thinking about what if they lost it.
Yeah that was shipped prior to the new year though. I'm talking about stuff shipped end of last week/this week.

That's why I paid the extra $3 for the insurance of the purchase price. Just in case, because I don't have the best luck in the world.

Yeah, go ahead and ship it to paypal certified address. Also, usps right now has been terrible. Very slow, and losing packages left and right. I'd honestly use UPS for anything over 200 in price.

Well it's been nearly 3 weeks, and I have yet to hear from the buyer. Tracking shows that the package was delivered. My thought process is that if there was a problem I would have heard about it by now. So, in the end I lost little sleep over his lack of communication. It's just poor show is all.

Yeah, go ahead and ship it to paypal certified address. Also, usps right now has been terrible. Very slow, and losing packages left and right. I'd honestly use UPS for anything over 200 in price.
I did. After shipping with USPS and paypal fees, I only made about $80 on my old CPU, which is not great. UPS would have probably cost more and eaten into my margins more. It arrived on time so all is well.

Communication is important in regards to these matters. I'd make sure to post his heat that he didn't communicate well during the transaction.

Communication is important in regards to these matters. I'd make sure to post his heat that he didn't communicate well during the transaction.
Unfortunately I left heat as soon as he paid. Is there any way to add something once I posted an evaluation?

I wouldn't post anything even slightly negative in this case personally. The buyer paid as agreed, provided the needed information via the paypal transaction and hasn't caused any problem after receipt of item. This is a successful transaction. Just because he/she isn't chatty or doesn't do things the same way you do isn't a reason to ding them for it.

Back