sheik amiibo in stock

Aannnddd.....It's gone. I knew a guy who wanted one, looks like he will have to pay through the nose for it after all. Why doesn't Nintendo produce enough to meet the demand?

Shipping isn't the quickest thing but direct the guy to Play-Asia, even with shipping from Japan it'll probably end up cheaper than Ebay.

Shipping isn't the quickest thing but direct the guy to Play-Asia, even with shipping from Japan it'll probably end up cheaper than Ebay.

Thanks man, I totally spaced that Japan doesn't have the same stocking issues. Oops :D

Was happy I pre-ordered here from Best Buy when it was first announced.

Got her on release day in the mail, already on the collectables shelf.

Waiting on Ike and Meta Knight to arrive on the 20th. Also on order is a Japanese Rosalina and Luma (Rosetta and Chiko), and a Shulk.

Everything Wii U is sold out at Walmart I checked the Display case nothing...

Collectible figurines that occasionally act like DLC in certain games.

Which games?

Pretty sure I will have zero interest either way as I'm not into action figures, but I'm just curious now how this business model works and what the target market is. Do you get a code for some kind of in-game content with purchase, or just the figurine to add to your collection?

Yeah, only problem I am getting right now is douche-bag scalpers. They are grabbing things 5-10 at a time, most stores have a 1 per customer policy, but never seem to enforce it. I ended up missing out on the Majora's Mask Limited Edition with Skull Kid statue because of grab happy scalpers pre-ordering 2-3 each and hovering on the refresh button like donkeys. Oh well.

Which games?
Pretty sure I will have zero interest either way, but I'm just curious now.

Most of the Zelda figures unlock costumes and whatnot in Hyrule Warriors (Link, Zelda, Sheik) game, there are more games coming out right now that will have unlocks for the amiibos. Mario Kart 8 has costume unlocks for the Mii's. Mario Party 10 (comes out next month) is supposed to get some things from the Mario characters (Peach, Toad, Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Yoshi).

It also works with Super Smash Bros. For competitive players the level 9 bots are really really easy to beat, but an amiibo can be used to train a sparring partner up to level 50 for practice,

Do you get a code for some kind of in-game content with purchase, or just the figurine to add to your collection?

The figures support NFC reading/writing which is built into the Wii U gamepad and the New 3DS. I suppose its up to the game, but you'd generally have to swipe them once per session.

It's basically the same thing as the Skylander or Disney Infinity figures, but supported by Nintendo games.

Why doesn't Nintendo produce enough to meet the demand?
Artificial Scarcity

Read this entire comic:
20121224.gif

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2834

^^

Oh so true

*wasnt me about the Rosalina, I had to buy one from Japan just to make sure I had one!

Toon Link should be arriving today. Almost gave up on trying to find one

Same problem, haven't been able to find him anywhere Ive been looking, really dont want to have to order him either from Japan.

Is the value going to go up on these things? Only reason I'd want one is to sell later on for profit.

Is the value going to go up on these things? Only reason I'd want one is to sell later on for profit.

Buying plastic toys generally isn't often considered a good investment unless you can flip it right away on eBay. Sure people may have troyble getting certain Amiibos now, however Nintendo could decide to start cranking up production at any time (and they are stupid for not doing so given their declining financial situation).

I spent more than retail on a few Skylanders for my kid, only to find dozens of them on store shelves months later.

Also with a lot of toys like this, people can get to a point where they stop caring about them. See Beanie Babies for an example.

Same problem, haven't been able to find him anywhere Ive been looking, really dont want to have to order him either from Japan.

I've given up on Meta Knight and Sonic.
I will fight for a Pac Man on the next wave though.

Back