sharing bandwidth over a .25 mile distance

onetrueday

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm in the process of being booted out of my home. My wife cheats on me with my best friend and I get the boot, go figure.

anyways...

I'm moving about half a block away. Is there a semi-reliable solution to share my home's 3.0/768 dsl line with my new apartment?

There are trees and houses in the way.

thanks

are you shitting me?

a. if your name is on the bill, cancel the service and move it to your new place
b. you're worried about internet when your wife cheats on you?
c. if you are the sole provider, BOOT HER.

nameless_centurian said:
REAL long cat5 cable and two of these:

Less than a heartbeat.

.25 mile in feet = 1320 feet

Max limit for cat 5 = 100 meters ~ 328 feet

DragonNOA1 said:
Did you read the link?

Yes and no.

Those look to be basically DSL modems that you connect to what used to be called a dry pair or an alarm circuit. Unless you have some way of running cable down a normal city street without fear of it being removed.

Malk-a-mite said:
Yes and no.

Those look to be basically DSL modems that you connect to what used to be called a dry pair or an alarm circuit. Unless you have some way of running cable down a normal city street without fear of it being removed.
And good luck getting the local telco to install an alarm circuit. I went back and forth with them for a good 3 months before giving up the attempt. First I could get it, then I couldn't get it, then I could and then I couldn't.

It was loads of fun.

TUTs work great over long distances and only require one pair, but as has been said, good luck geting a pair of copper from point A to point B along a city street.

could get a big wireless router and some big gain atennan's but i would just have the serivce move to your new appt. give her the boot

simple.. take a wireless router and shove it up that whores ass... the db gain is phenominal..

Jason711 said:
simple.. take a wireless router and shove it up that whores ass... the db gain is phenominal..

Really? What kind of dB gain are we talking about here?

AMD[H]unter said:
Really? What kind of dB gain are we talking about here?
thats gotta be like a million dB, i bet you could go cross country with that type of connection :p

-(Xyphox)- said:
No Problem, glad to share the knowledge :D

LOL

Back OT; I would get a WRT54G V3 or 4, and put an amplified high gain antenna on it, and get it up on a pole so you can be above the biuldings and trees. On the other end use a WET54 and another amp'ed antenna on a pole, and you might be able to get it to work.

AMD[H]unter said:
LOL

Back OT; I would get a WRT54G V3 or 4, and put an amplified high gain antenna on it, and get it up on a pole so you can be above the biuldings and trees. On the other end use a WET54 and another amp'ed antenna on a pole, and you might be able to get it to work.

If he's leaving her, why not just move the service?

AMD[H]unter said:
Yeah, but do we know if it is an option? What if the service is in her name?
has a point, if its in her name, i would let her pain the bill and get something new in your own name..

Back