SG06 Custom Extreme Build

i would have thought you want lower voltage memory for the cpu you purchased.

Jen

Really nice :cool:

u got some serious cable modding to do, didnt know about the nexus beeing so small. only 12,5cm deep. just remember to post lots of pictures....

I'd watch the plexi with rivets - I destroyed a MNPCTech grille similar in design to that with rivets, still kick myself for that :/

Otherwise, nice work :)

Yeah, the nexus is super-small; it was the only way I got some previous builds done. I took it all the way back to the circuit board and desoldered the lines I didn't need and custom sized just about everything. Looking back it would have just been easier to put in modular plugs.

I was wondering about the rivets and the plexi -- I got hot press-in screw seats (put one on a soldering iron for a few to heat up and then just press it into a predrilled hole in the plexi) for my current project with plexi to avoid any possible stress fractures.

Awesome work so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out as I did something similar with an SG02 (layout wise; way less extreme).

Best of luck, and I hope you don't run into any of those this-will-totally-fit-whoops moments.

I'd watch the plexi with rivets - I destroyed a MNPCTech grille similar in design to that with rivets, still kick myself for that :/

Otherwise, nice work :)

Think I should just ditch the rivets then? I have some black oxide screws I can use.

With the PSU mounted up front, what do you plan on doing with the opening on the back of case? I ask because I am thinking of a similar layout with the SG05 I just ordered.

They really need to sell it like this. The optical drive is useless, more space for the CPU cooler is much more useful.

DSC01934.jpg

Looks great, but I fear you may have problems with the PSU cables and the 680. The signature is actually 2mm longer as well. I own a Signature, so let me know if you need anymore photos.

SC+ not Signature.
scaled.php

They really need to sell it like this. The optical drive is useless, more space for the CPU cooler is much more useful.

+1

Last edited:
Back