SFF / SG01 Bags/Backpacks

elvn

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm shopping for a bag for a Silverstone SG01 case. The case is 10.5 x 8.3 x 15.5 "

I listed a few bags/backpacks that look pretty good to me below. The 8.5" width vs 8.3" SG01 might be close on the jetpack and the sierra Passport, but I really like the design on those two especially. I actually would prefer the bag to not be oversized so it might work out better that way. The bag's extra 'piggy-back' compartments look like they might be big enough to hold a keyboard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trager Jetpack

17" x 21" x 8.5" vs SG01 case's 10.5" x 8.3"x 15.5"

3740_w5.jpg

46655_XLRG.jpg

trage45272_18394_jb.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Sierra Passport

22" x 14" x 8.5" vs SG01 case's 10.5" x 8.3"x 15.5"

62991_733885_XLRG.jpg

62991_axlrg.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ebags: High Sierra Cove Island 24" Travel Duffel

12" x 24" x 12". vs SG01 case's 10.5" x 8.3"x 15.5"

42693_453767_XLRG.jpg

- I wonder what the length of the main compartment is, since it has big side pockets as part of the dimensions..If the side pockets are 4" each, that would be 24" Length = 4" + 16" main + 4" . This would be cutting it close vs. 15.5" SG01 case length, if that guess is correct. (I have no idea). This might actually work out well with some padding for a good snug fit lengthwise.
- I'm not sure I'd use the pockets on the ends much. They might just be adding unecessary size/bulk to the bag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like the jetpack but I'm not certain the SG01 case would fit in it since the 8.5" depth dimension might include piggy-back pocket width, while the SG01's height is 8.3". I'm pretty sure I could squeeze it in there though it would be bulging into the extra pocket's volume.

My other concern on some of the tighter fit bags is that I probably can't fit an lcd +protective sleeve in there, or any extra protective padding/foam. I want to be able to bring an LCD monitor along without a bulky stand. This means I would have to carry a briefcase of some sort along with the bag to house the monitor.

Overall I'd prefer a backpack or backpack hybrid if I can find one that will carry everything without it being in the 'mountaineering' range of backpack sizes. If I have to I will get a big dufflebag like the Sierra Cove.

Yeah I know about it ... :rolleyes:

I might end up having to buy that one. I think its kindof ugly though. I also would prefer a bag that can be used as a backpack.

Thanks for the info all the same.

Gah! That bag is horrific in appearance! Man, why couldn't they use the Shuttle model of bags? it was well done ( I had an SN45 and an SN85G4) and was great for LAN parties. That thing needs its own makeover.

-E

Anyone think the Silverstone SG01 would fit in that Trager Jetpack bag/backpack I linked? By the raw numbers it would, but then you have to figure that they factored the added outer pocket to 8.5" dimension.

Trager Jetpack's Dimensions 17" x 21" x 8.5"
vs
SG01 case's Dimensions 10.5" x 15.5" x 8.3"

----------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise so far for non-sugo pack options I have the high sierra passport backpack or duffle bag I linked previously. I'm leaning toward the backpack if I have to choose one way or the other.

If the jetpack were alittle wider if would be perfect for me, with both duffle and backpack fuctionality.

Back