setting up arcade questions....

asusxp1900

Limp Gawd
I know it has been asked before but since search isnt working I cant source it.

I am thinking about making an arcade with Consoles and possibly PC's hooked up on a LAN. Dose anybody remember what the outcome of the last thread was or what problems I might face.

I know of one place that has about 20 pc's hooked up and rents it out to play 1942 mainly. I am thinking the same thing but instead add consoles.

Some problems I have already thought of is that it will be extremely difficult to make any money cause why would someone want to pay to play a game they can get and play at home. Also what are the legal implications of making a profit off of someone playing a game thats made by someone else. IE. 1942. I mean if you bought it you should be able to play it on whatever you own. Even if it is 20 copies etc. BUT as always I am afraid I would have to pay a royalty to ea or something and that makes this venture even less profit.

Any thoughts on what you would want in an "arcade"? hooters girls comes to mind. I am thinking about it being more driven to young adults such as myself. The only other arcades that are like that I know of are D&B and it is a fortune to go there and have fun.

Thanks for any suggestions or input good or bad.

You may want to start with this website. IGames
I used to work for a PC game room with 100 PC's and 50 Xbox, 50 PS2, and 25 GC. It is a fun business, but it has its challenges. If you have some specific questions shoot me a PM.

c'mon guys. what would it take for you to pay to play? I have already heard strippers so that one is taken. I have been thinking liquer but getting that license would be too much. What would it take.......................

Back