Setting Application Defaults?

Jozone

[H]ard|Gawd
Maybe I am just missing this (still in a very windows minded enviroment), but how do you set application defaults in OSX? For instance, I would like Thunderbird, Firebird, and Mplayer to be defaults over Mail, Safari, and Quicktime.

Thanks

Why on God's green earth would you want Mplayer over QT? :eek: You'd have to look long and hard for a less optimized media player (that isn't WMP). At least use VLC! ;)

Anyway, download RCDefaultApp. That'll fix things better than the built-in tools will.

Black Morty Rackham said:
Why on God's green earth would you want Mplayer over QT? :eek: You'd have to look long and hard for a less optimized media player (that isn't WMP). At least use VLC! ;)

Anyway, download RCDefaultApp. That'll fix things better than the built-in tools will.
Thanks for the info, finally got things configured the way I like
:D
Mplayer is only the default for my avi files fyi :p

VLC handles those AVIs much better than Mplayer does, in my experience. I just checked, too... Something that took about 35-40% CPU in Mplayer took 10-15% in VLC (and a little less in QT). Now, it might not matter all that much if you have idle resources, but I tend to avoid horribly unoptimized applications simply because they're horribly unoptimized. ;)

Back