Server case (56 kb pics)

Marvin

n00b
Hi Friends, seaching for a big case, I did found an AT IBM server case that i will start to mod... I will paint it. Came with 2 panaflos 120x38(aluminium), but i have some questions, if you can help me :
It is an at case, so the psu(replaced for a zippy 460) will start ?
the motherboard tray is completely different, look here :
P1010030.JPG

pci.JPG

portas.JPG

side3.JPG

side2.JPG

side3.JPG

side1.JPG

P1010042.JPG

P1010044.JPG

P1010050.JPG

P1010051.JPG

It cost me 35,00 dollars.

$3500 dollars!!! I think you mean $35 dollars.

But anyway, I really don't know much about PSU's maybe one of the others will have an answer. Just drill the holes for your board, and that would be an awsome setup for WC'ing.

jayjaya29 said:
$3500 dollars!!! I think you mean $35 dollars.

A comma is used as a decimal point in Brazil, and many other countries. $35,00 == $35.00

As for the power supply, I'd mount that on the blank plate on the drive side.

yes, the psu will work, as long as you use an ATX motherboard, just make sure it fits. and you should mod that compartment under the motherboard for a nice watercooling enclosure. good luck, its going to take a lot of modding.

looks like something from the set of starwars on tattoonee (?spelling?)

nice man! I am doing an ibm at server mod too, those are tricky, I will be watching this thread!~ :D

update clean all i could before star to paint. I am starting to cut an old atx motherboard tray. Moved the psu to dwonside, together with hd cage...
pics
trasmod.JPG

lado9.JPG

lado5.JPG

pes.JPG

P1010051.JPG

P1010042.JPG

P1010036.JPG

P7170026.JPG

hope would hold my dual loop watercoller. the first pic is my atual machine....

case1.JPG

casefront.JPG

dual.jpg

gab5.JPG

portas.JPG

for the power switch the front panel is this, so i cutted the power switch that i will attach to the mb powerswitch..., but no reset, hdd leds
the pics..
botao.JPG

P7180045.JPG

Thanks, i did that, but didnt fit the pci cards....
made a tray, drilled, but didnt work
P7180028.jpg

P7180040.JPG

P7180039.JPG

that becuase those arnt PCI slots in the server case, those are for microchannel cards IIRC...

your probably going to want to rip the backplane out of the case you got that mobo tray from :)

transplanting the backplane as well as the tray is usually easiest, especially if it is all one piece (like the lian li removeable tray) because you don't have to worry about placing the motherboard in the right place as compared to the slots so that cards fit (it is really a huge PITA to try and do that)

looks like you're going to have fun:D

and i think i may still have a MCA card or two lying around from my ibm ps/2 days... :p

Old IBM stuff is simply weird.

They did almost ewerything their own way in computers. I know that from years ago when I wanted to mod an old 386 IBM tower. That piece of shit didnt even have standard 5.25 inch drives, so I ended up throwing that piece of shit in the dumpster.

my companies doing a lot of upgrades and im going to be getting ahold of one of those server cube cases. i may try to do some extreme DIY watercooling with it :D

Back