SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

Very nice comparison, and black version is gorgeous too. But I prefer the white brick yet. :)

Furthermore, I'd add to the cons: the only reliable riser for that kind of config is the one from 3M, that costs a lot (about 90€ at the moment of writing).
Hi to all :)
thanks for the other answers.......
Reliable riser the silverstone (es raven) no cost 90 € thats differeces there is with 3M?
if you use a video card in half length, the free space can I use for a liquid cooling kit? (There are the holes to secure the fan)
Thanks
p.s. I want so much this sentry, you do not want too much :)

Wow those pictures look fantastic! They do this case so much justice and looks so professionally done to. I've convinced myself I need one white and black case for home and abroad.

Yeah, everything looks professionally done guys. Good job! The black looks really nice now that you've got the pictures up. Now I'm torn between the white and black. >_>

Hi to all :)
Reliable riser the silverstone (es raven) no cost 90 € thats differeces there is with 3M?
Mostly length (3M has 25 and 50 mm risers in that family) and technology costs (brand new and patented by 3M).

if you use a video card in half length, the free space can I use for a liquid cooling kit? (There are the holes to secure the fan)
Thanks
p.s. I want so much this sentry, you do not want too much :)

3M risers are more expensive because they have server-grade ribbons and are made in US which means there's not going to drop the price when batch ordering as much as when you're buying in china.

Fitting 92mm water cooler might be possible but it's not going to do any magic since you've go only perforation on the bottom and the air will have hard time going out the side. Possible but not recommended.

I can't imagine how you'd fit liquid cooling in this thing.

fHqDUOn.jpg

We can't tell people what to do with their own pc case. We didn't predict to use SENTRY with AIO water cooling, because of lack of space, and that's why we say it's possible but not recommended. But also we know some people will treat it as a challenge :)

Any updates?

We're still waiting for the power cables we've ordered. We have some samples of them, but we had to order a bigger batch to be sure if we will get the same quality. When we'll get the package we're sending SENTRY to Linus. We're also frustrated about those delays, but those don't depend on us. Sorry.

Maybe later Saper will post some photos of our sexy printed carton box. Maybe :D

From what they've said so far, probably around $200.

As i said before, our target is $169-$199. We want to keep it as low as possible, but global market has to cool down after BREXIT, because USD gone crazy.

ty for the replies guys!

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread...made the acount just to check on some info that wasn't 'so easy' to get...like the price x)

that MSRP doesn't include the shipping right? will it only be available to buy from your website?

and, as I understand, it's due to soon so since you're sent some models for reviews?

We're going to send out review units soon, there's just some delays with cables because it's a holiday season now and our subcontractor got us waiting a bit more for those.

This price doesn't include shipping, we'll most likely be shipping directly from us unless there's an opportunity for us to have someone in US handle the sales out there for us but considering they'll want their cut as well it doesn't mean that'll be much cheaper.

Sorry for constant delays though.

Having a sales rep company in the us doesn't change the direct sales in the EU, don't worry :)

It's 11mm in the main rail and ~9mm when installed under gpu depending on how thick the gpu is. There's no space for 15mm drives such as intel SSD 750 2.5" and I wouldn't recommend those because of the airflow they require. Go M.2 if possible since the cpu cooler will enforce the airflow around it.

If you want to buy the card now I'd say to go for a blower style like TheFragile said - it's the safest choice if you're not sure how to pick the card depending on its size, just make sure that those ain't the fancy asus/gigabyte oversized blowers.

Triple fan units like gigabyte windforce will fit depending on their dimensions. Surprisingly asus strix might fit, but we'll have to get that checked somehow.

Still, if you want to use the case in horizontal position then going for a open air, "three fan" solution might not give you any advantages over the blower styled cooler since those work very well inside cases with induced airflow that can change the air around them quickly, or in our case if you put it on vertical stand so the card has better access to the fresh air from the side while all hot air goes quickly up.

- The dimensions of the STRIX from Asus website:
H=40 L=298 W=134 mm

- The dimensions of the Gigabyte R9 270X (which fits in the case as seen in the SENTRY gallery):
H=43 L=298 W=135 mm

From the manufacturer measurements we can asume that the STRIX would fit. However I don't see how the measurements match. Check the images:

The STRIX seems to be bigger than the Gigabyte R9 270X. Not sure if it will fit. I think that the dimensions are not right int he website (or they do not include the PCI-Express connector in the measurement).

On the other hand the Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming has the following dimensions:
H=41 L=280 W=114 mm

This is almost the same than the reference GTX 1070 card, which is smaller than the Gigabyte R9 270X and would without any problem in the case.

Last edited:
Nice work, but I think you should also take into account matching the size of pci slot bracket to be completely sure on both directions.

In this photo: http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/FullP5/DSC_1315zzz.JPG you can see that there was still a bit of space between the windforce plastic cover and the external wall, so I think that with those recessed PEG connectors it should fit but we won't know for sure until someone tries it.

Nice work, but I think you should also take into account matching the size of pci slot bracket to be completely sure on both directions.

In this photo: http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/FullP5/DSC_1315zzz.JPG you can see that there was still a bit of space between the windforce plastic cover and the external wall, so I think that with those recessed PEG connectors it should fit but we won't know for sure until someone tries it.

I see. I tried to adjust with the slot bracket but the perspective is very misleading. I got another picture from ASUS and measured it:

From the measurements it does not seem to match the dimensions of the specs (145 measured from the 134 in specs).

With the case on vertical orientation (for reference), how much room is left from the top of the PCI bracket to the top of the case? From the measurements we would need 25 mm at least so we could fit this card.

Last edited:
Did you try a motherboard with M.2
I see. I tried to adjust with the slot bracket but the perspective is very misleading. I got another picture from ASUS and measured it:

From the measurements it does not seem to match the dimensions of the specs (145 measured from the 134 in specs).

With the case on vertical orientation (for reference), how much room is left from the top of the PCI bracket to the top of the case? From the measurements we would need 25 mm at least so we could fit this card.

I just realized that probably they do not include in the measurments the bottom of the bracket. Probably it is measured from the bottom of the PCB. Still we need the 25 mm on top which might be possible.

It looks like asus might've measured the gpu from the pci-e connector to the top of the card excluding the bracket.

If you can, compare that to the reference gpu which will have around 5mm exceeding over slot and this might mean it'll be a tight fit in sentry.

It looks like asus might've measured the gpu from the pci-e connector to the top of the card excluding the bracket.

If you can, compare that to the reference gpu which will have around 5mm exceeding over slot and this might mean it'll be a tight fit in sentry.
I checked and after measurement from the pci-e connector to the top of the card matches ASUS specs.
From the drawings in the website I measured around 26mm from the top of the bracket till the border of the case. Is this correct?

There's 25mm from the point where you measured to the point where gpu limit is, not 26 since there's that detachable internal side wall inside

Ok 11mm, sweet! So I was thinking about doing something a little crazy. Would it be possible to safely stack two of these 5mm HDDs, Seagate ST500LT033 500GB, with maybe some double sided tape? Or would they get to hot?

I'd say they would go hot if stuck together like this. Those are for slim laptops where they spread the head out straight to the outside through plastic covers. If you definitely want two 2.5" hdd's then why not go for short SFX with 92mm fan like the one silverstone makes and have space for two. I'm not really sure whether you want more space or raid for speed. I'm using hgst 7k1000 and it works quite well along msata ssd :)

Darn, well I currently have the Corsair SF600. I did want to set up a RAID with two HDDs paired with my 500gb Evo that will have my OS and a few games.

Edit, answered my own question:D

Last edited:
Sadly no, simply because there's no space on the back wall to fit those in a way the external piece of the lock wouldn't be obstructing any connectors. Other sides wouldn't look good with connector attached I think. The second problem with that is that you have to have a wall reinforced from the internal side with a piece of metal and the whole itself should be scratch resistant and it would be really hard to make in our conditions since we'd have to somehow attach the lock hole after powder coating somehow.

I know that's a thing when you've got a small unit you want to take to a lan party. We'll have to think about it whether we can figure out a spot for the lock or not.

maybe make the locks an option someday, would definetly be nice..

Did you get the missingo power cables ?

Little Update!

After many e-mails asking about making a "live" size comparison with consoles, we've decided to add some new photos to SENTRY gallery.

At this moment we are only waiting for new power cables and we're ready to send SENTRY to LTT for a review.

You guys should add pictures of the consoles that include their power bricks... Only seems fair :)

Reactions: RosaJ
like this
Back