Sennheiser HD595 Dynamic High-Grade Premiere Headphones $129 free shipping included

They were $115 for like 12 hours, then they went to $117 for ~12 hours, then around $140. This is pretty good is you didn't get in on it last time.

Alternatively, you could just mod a HD 555 AFAIK. Good deal nontheless.

newegg right now = $180
buy . com = $165

They were $149 a few days ago for sure on amazon as well

they might have gone on sale lower on holiday sale/black friday for a few hours like mentioned above, but otherwise the price online mostly has been $145+ the past few days.

AD700 vs HD595 for FPS gaming, i.e. CS:S. Which one is better? GOooo

They were $115 for like 12 hours, then they went to $117 for ~12 hours, then around $140. This is pretty good is you didn't get in on it last time.

Alternatively, you could just mod a HD 555 AFAIK. Good deal nontheless.

Hmmm there are conflicting results, some people compared a modded HD555 and the HD595 and they were still not as good.

I mean how many people own both the HD595 and HD555? Mostly HD555 owners saying they touch the HD595 without owning them.

The 595s have been $134.50 for awhile on Amazon, I ordered them a couple days ago for that price.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
GREAT headphones, I own a pair that I picked up a few months ago for $175 shipped

Sennheiser makes great headphones without a doubt. Warranty is a plus just in case you blow them by accident :p

Agreed, preference. AD700 gives you good placement of sound, but iffy bass impact (this is the pair I own, and I do like them). HD595 gives better bass but the sound placement isn't as good (I've heard them, but don't own). Both are good cans, pick what you want based on whether you want more bass or better placement of sound.

I use the 555's for gaming, and could not be happier. Plenty of accurate bass, I can pinpoint what direction the enemy is coming from, and the sound is crystal clear.

I remember when 110-120 was a good deal on a set of 555's.

595's have a better sound stage which equals being able to hear sources incoming easier which is critical for a game like CS. And at the cost its being advertised its a total deal.

I would recommend a quality sound card as well , not an onboard one. You'll need some kind of 3D headphone emulation , CMSS 3D is slighty better than Dolby headphone but Dolby Headphone is still high quality. Plus buying a sound card that includes an integrated headphone amp (even though the 595's are 50ohms) helps make the sound more full and can also help you pick out individual sounds a bit easier.

Okay some o you are saying AD700 have better sound stage and some say 595 have better sound stage. i guess i'll go for the cheaper one then if they are THAT equal

Nah, AD700s definitely have the better soundstage.

I prefer 595s myself though, as it doesn't matter to me too much.

Okay some o you are saying AD700 have better sound stage and some say 595 have better sound stage. i guess i'll go for the cheaper one then if they are THAT equal

Headphones always come down to personal choice really. No reviewer or method can truly be flat dead equal for everyone.

As with display products , its all about what you experience from your usage.

I've always loved Sennheiser cans. The broad sound stage and tight bass is something that really appeals to me. But I also know people that turn bass nearly off and increase any option that allows them to pick out individual sounds better without any kind of distractions.

However both cans are quality headphones , I just give my personal nudge to Sennheiser in this instance.

Pretty much asking on opinions, yeah..just get the one you think looks the best to you and is more comfortable.

The ADs have a better soundstage, in my experience. They also tend to have more of a treble focus; it might help you to better gather the nuances (positioning etc.) in the sound around you. But as another poster mentioned, the bass impact is lacking, some people were fine with it. My vote goes for the 595 if you're deciding between the two.

The 555 and 595 use the same driver units but differ in the housing and non-driver internals. The PC350 headsets use the same driver units but sound very different due to their closed nature. The PC360 might use the same, but I'm not positive on that. The 555 is around $85 on Amazon, which is itself not a bad deal. But the price gap may be small enough for some, that not having to mess around opening the 595s makes it worth it; plus the 595s come with a headphone stand/clamp.

This is definitely a good price. Amazon always has the better price compared to Newegg for headphones, generally. They were on sale for 118 not too long ago as someone pointed out--if you don't mind camping, they might drop there again.

595's have a better sound stage which equals being able to hear sources incoming easier which is critical for a game like CS. And at the cost its being advertised its a total deal.

I would recommend a quality sound card as well , not an onboard one. You'll need some kind of 3D headphone emulation , CMSS 3D is slighty better than Dolby headphone but Dolby Headphone is still high quality. Plus buying a sound card that includes an integrated headphone amp (even though the 595's are 50ohms) helps make the sound more full and can also help you pick out individual sounds a bit easier.

Agreed.

There are cheap headphone amps which REALLY help the sound if you still feel you want more crisp sound, or you can easily make one (like a cool looking altoid can version :p ) for under $50 bucks.

Been using hd595s for 3 or 4 years now. Great cans, would DEFINITELY grab a pair at that price.

If you want competitive gaming headphones, AD700 by far. The lack of bass is what makes them great for competitive play. For more fun factor however, like enjoying single player, I'd take anything with some nice tight bass. PRO Ultrasones like the PRO 550 are very fun for games. Though, I will give Beyerdynamic DT770 some credit for rolling comfort and fun into one package.

I bought a pair of 595's recently for a "quality living room"set; as in not bother the missus while i'm on the ps3 and she's working in the same room. I have had a pair of dt770s on a Go-Vibe for ~5 years now on my gaming pc; and love them.

Initial thoughts on my gaming rig out of my Go-Vibe:
They suck. Harsh; almost sibilant, uncomfortable; and feel like a toy compared to my metal framed 770s.

I let them burn in for ~60 hours before i touched them again, and actually started to like them. Felt "airy" compared to 770s; which was kind of nice; thought he sound stage was more compressed and positioning not as sharp. The harsh edges disappeared almost completely. I moved them to the stereo downstairs; and was very comfortable with an ~5 hour ps3 gaming session; wearing them in front of the big screen.

I would still go with the 770s for FPS gaming where positioning matters; though i'm sure these 595's will improve more as they get more hours.

I sent mine back, seems like headphones aren't for me :( Great price though.

Going to stick with my Onkyo surround system.

For sound quality the AD700 can't come close to the HD595. The AD700 doesn't even match the HD280. But the AD700 is incredibly comfortable and you practically can't tell you have them on.

I own these along with A900's and A950's and Grado SR-80i's; I enjoy headphones quite a bit.

I snagged these on Amazon when they were on sale for a bit under a $100 or whatever it was, I like them a lot, but they haven't added much to my arsenal, seeing as I rarely have the opportunity to use open cans and when I do, I choose the Grado's. Still, these are officially the cheapest headphones I own lol, so I lend them out a lot, they've stood up to the abuse I know my friends throw at them.

I think these need to be amped a bit more than the AT's I own do, and is probably true for the open AT's as well; AT cans just run off anything with little effort.

I have AD700's and in MW2 they're great for hearing through walls. If I hear steps I turn to the general direction and wiggle the mouse a bit to pinpoint. Compared to my Sony V700's they have almost no bass. I was shocked at how little bass there was. They are also great for listening to the music I like though, so no big deal.

I'd like to expand my headphone collection. I think I've got the disease.

Edit: The AD700's are at least 8 hour comfortable.

For sound quality the AD700 can't come close to the HD595. The AD700 doesn't even match the HD280. But the AD700 is incredibly comfortable and you practically can't tell you have them on.

Actually they come pretty close. The HD595 is barely an upgrade from the HD555 which are average sounding.

This should be regular price for these 595's.

While not directly comparable I have th ATH-A500 and I used it for a long time to play games. It sounded good and worked well unamped. However directional sound was lacking and it was harming my gaming performance for a long time till I figured out that was the source of my problems. I no run a sennheisser PC-350 which really sounds worse for music and just about everything but at least I can locate people by sound.

I went from a logitech g35, to ad 700s, and now have these coming tuesday.

My roomate bought the g35s, I cant decide if I like the ad700s yet. I have big ears they seem a little tight.

Back