Sennheiser HD457

Dominat0r

2[H]4U
Anyone use these can give me alittle info? I goggled them but nothing much comes up as to sound and performance? I will use them for mostly music and gaming.

The HD 457 isn't bad, but there are a few choices within the same price range that are better. The bass - especially the mid-bass - is a bit thick and bloated, and the highs are a bit muted. (But then again, what is there to expect for $35?)

Originally posted by Highlife
What other good choices for 35$? Sony i hear arent worth their price.

Frankly, I'm thinking small when I mention headphones that sound better than the HD457 in the $35-$50 price range. Like the Koss Porta Pro, the Sennheiser PX 100 and PX 200.

The PX100 seems kinda small to me, how does the sound compare to the HD202 and HD457? Im thinking about those 3 right now.

Any other thoughts? in the 35$ range?

I went with the HD202, the HD457 are open can i belive. One of my main concerns was that it was to block out outside noise.

Now im thinking, should i use the headphone jack coming out of my speakers, or split the front signal from my Soundcard, since it doesnt have a headphone jack....what you all think?

Will there be any problems splitting the front speaker jack? I have the Audigy ZS.

PS-CompUSSR in Deerfield Beach, FL have those EV SonicXS speakers for 49.99 =) Thinking about replacing the Z-640 i have, but cant decide....Bass boom bottem or 5.1 surround.

*NOTE* I just read about the Sonic's and the Sub isnt shielded, well i guess i will stick to my 640's.

*UPDATE* Im extremely impressed with this headphones. The treble is alittle muff sounding, but the bass response is fantastic. I only have 1 bone to pick, the hot ear effect sucks. Meaning these, after about 1 hour of wearing, get hot/sweaty. For 29$ Im very pleased overall. Music sounds nice and crisp and they do a great job of keeping outside noise down.

Closed headphones do tend to get hot and sweaty after a while since they don't allow for much air circulation around your ears. You'll probably be better off splitting the front output of your Audigy2 since it probably puts out a better quality signal than the headphone jack on your speakers. You won't have any problem doing this although your headphones will be on all the time if they're plugged into the splitter. I use a splitter with my Audigy2 and speakers/headphones setup and it works quite nicely (I have a headphone amp as well, so I can turn my phones off when I'm just using speakers). I recommend a little Y-splitter like this one from Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_002_003_009&product_id=42-2570

Sennheiser is definitely hit or mis. One model will be excellent, while the model just above it or below it will be terrible. I don't know why they have this problem.

I believe reading some time ago that the 457s were one of the "miss" headphones, though I'm not 100% sure.

However I know the 497s were a "hit" so to speak and are some of the best cans in the price range.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...47/002-1391395-6504840?v=glance&s=pc&n=507846

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I returned the HD202, i couldnt stand the sweaty ears..omg that vinyl cushion just is to much to take after about 1 hour of wearing. I bought the HD457's listening to them now they sound very much alike. The HD457 have a nice cloth ear pads. Stays pretty kewl overall. I will let you know after more testing.

Well i found these to be a bit more brighter in highes. Not as muffed as the HD202. The bass response seems to be alittle shy of what the HD202 were. Im guessing cause its a closed can?

Overall the cloth ear pads are the way to go, if you wearing them for a while at least. I think the cloth is worth the upgrade in price between the 457 and 202's

Back