Sell gpu now or wait?

thekamikazepr

Limp Gawd
Sooo. I got my first r9-290 on release day 1, shortly after with the ltc craze I got my 2nd one. This is the first time I attempted sli/xfire and it sucks. Support , bugs, nightmare have to run drivers from 3 months ago in order to xfire, etc (even know now they work since mantle).

Now with maxwell around the corner I'm highly considering going back to nvidia just due to its shadow play and shield .

The question is.

Should I sell now and wait patiently for nvidia release? Have risk of being back ordered.

Keep mining at these low profit rates and sell then for a possible hit on cost?

Keep one and sell one?

Stop whining and keep the 290s since they are water cooled.

High end Maxwell is still a ways off; I'd hold on the cards for the moment until we get concrete info on when the good 8xx cards will be out.

Yea we still have no idea when the bigger Maxwells are gonna hit the market, so I'd hold on to them for now as it's not like these 290's are gonna go low on price anytime soon.

Hmm, Im kinda in the same boat. I have a xfx 6950 2GB card with the shaders unlocked and it still kicks ass for the most part, but I can see a bit of a hit when trying to live stream games at the same time now. I was thinking of biting on prices for the GTX 770 ($310-$335 (discount prices) now to regain some of that performance, but if I knew it was only going to be another 2 months or so for mid/high end 800 series cards I would definitely suffer with performance hits now and just nab an 8 series card.

Sooo. I got my first r9-290 on release day 1, shortly after with the ltc craze I got my 2nd one. This is the first time I attempted sli/xfire and it sucks. Support , bugs, nightmare have to run drivers from 3 months ago in order to xfire, etc (even know now they work since mantle).

Now with maxwell around the corner I'm highly considering going back to nvidia just due to its shadow play and shield .

The question is.

Should I sell now and wait patiently for nvidia release? Have risk of being back ordered.

Keep mining at these low profit rates and sell then for a possible hit on cost?

Keep one and sell one?

Stop whining and keep the 290s since they are water cooled.

I don't know if this is a troll attempt or not like, driver problems yeah I can believe that, but when people all use shield and shadowplay as a excuse I instantly call bull, Im going to say 90 percent of gamers don't want shadowplay or will ever use it, and 97 perxent don't want shield.

Nah no troll, shield would be once they release the one with that new gpu they showed.

I don't stream but I do like that 30 second or w/e function shadow play has. That's it really if I wanted to record with low impact I could use Radeon pro.

Btw I thought high-end was supposed to hit now on late march. I guess my source was confused and/or has high hopes. I do know titan black is Kepler as well sadly.

If I had gone to the trouble of watercooling 2 290s I would definitely not sell them right now. Keep printing money.

Back