Seasonic 650W PSU 80+ Platinum $89.99 after code & MIR

xcetera

Weaksauce
Newegg has a one day sale for Saturday, of note; SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151121&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS030913&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS030913-_-EMC-030913-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17151121-L01B

$145 -$36 with promo code EMCYTZT3071 and -$20 with MIR for $89.99 and free shipping. Ends at midnight Saturday.

jonnyGURU gives it a 9.6 score and recommends this PSU. Link to review of PSU at jonnyGURU.com. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=326

Last edited:
I've been looking at grabbing a Platinum PSU but had a question that maybe somebody knows the answer to;

My system, at total GPU and CPU load, only draws around 150w. So in a situation like this, where I could get a 660w Platinum for the same price as most 400w units, would the higher wattage unit be any more expensive to run at lower wattages than a 400w unit?

I've been looking at grabbing a Platinum PSU but had a question that maybe somebody knows the answer to;

My system, at total GPU and CPU load, only draws around 150w. So in a situation like this, where I could get a 660w Platinum for the same price as most 400w units, would the higher wattage unit be any more expensive to run at lower wattages than a 400w unit?

Short answer, no.

Long answer, depends on the quality of the higher wattage PSU. Should be negligible in this case.

You want to be in the 50% usage sweet spot. 150w is on the lower side, but you'll still get 85%+ efficiency.
Also, if you plan to upgrade, you will be able to without switching PSUs. I love this unit, really, I do. :p

My wallet hates me right now. Just a little, though - this is a great price on a great unit.

Back