Searching for UPS backup for monster PC

Undercover_Man

[H]ard Surgeon
My build so far
Couple things might change, but the point is it's a monster PC build
Searching for a UPS to protect my PC parts
I'll give it a hefty $200 budget (big enough budget? I can go higher if needed)
Don't know of available UPS features
All I know is Tripp Lite are the most reputable and will cover my stuff if it fails to protect my PC when it's supposed to

So far, I have found the ECO850LCDTAA and SMART1500LCDT, but am unsure if this is anything close to what I need. I don't know electric stuff.
Suggestions/comments/outbursts??? :confused:

Last edited:
As long as it has a USB port in it, just use the built in windows power mgmt.

My build so far
Couple things might change, but the point is it's a monster PC build
Searching for a UPS to protect my PC parts
I'll give it a hefty $200 budget (big enough budget? I can go higher if needed)
Don't know of available UPS features
All I know is Tripp Lite are the most reputable and will cover my stuff if it fails to protect my PC when it's supposed to

So far, I have found the ECO850LCDTAA and SMART1500LCDT, but am unsure if this is anything close to what I need. I don't know electric stuff.
Suggestions/comments/outbursts??? :confused:

For starters, the first one "ECO model" is only rated for 450 watts so it's pointless and won't work with your rig. The second model you listed "Smart 1500" is only rated for 900 watts so your powersupply can't pull more than this so their's no point in owning a 1500 watts psu. If you're stuck on the $200 limit, I prefer this model and the 900 watt point.

I have this one on a rig. It's pure sine wave and PFC

http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP...id=1439483358&sr=8-3&keywords=cyberpower+1500

I use this one on my home theater setup and gaming rig combined. This is hooked up to my LG 55 OLED and a full Klipsch Reference RF-7II setup so that's why I wanted close to 2000 watts. My other gaming pc is hooked to this also along with consoles.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8RVNVW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

If you're on a budget, and don't mind server rack UPS, look for an APC 1500 smart model on craigslist or ebay. They come in different setups, but can be usually had cheap and supply 1500 watts or so of power depending on model and are rock solid. I use this type of UPS for my home server. My model was an SUA2200RM2U and it was good for 1900 watts or so and I'd pull 2000 watts or so and it runs like this for 3 years now. I've lossed power numerous times and it still kept it running. With the huge load it only lasts about 2-3 minutes on backup power but that's enough for when the power flickers every so often to keep it from crashing

I own all of these UPS and they've been flawless

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back