Seagate comes to senses, longer warranties

Aesma

[H]ard|Gawd
I didn't see a thread about that yet, so I'm sure you'll be pleased to learn of this news. To me it means I can buy Seagate again (well, I'll wait a little to be sure I get a drive made after June 30).

IMG0037640.png

I didn't see a thread about that yet, so I'm sure you'll be pleased to learn of this news. To me it means I can buy Seagate again (well, I'll wait a little to be sure I get a drive made after June 30).

IMG0037640.png

Can you please post a link to the new policy? I haven't seen/heard anything and there is nothing on Seagate's site.

Personally, I will wait for an official press release from Seagate (Which there isn't) rather than trust in a website I have never hear of before. Also, they don't say whether this is worldwide or not. Seagate has different warranty terms in different countries.

Cool, they put the enterprise stuff back to 5 year (average Server depreciation schedule). It remains to be seen if they will do anything with the consumer stuff. I would have expected a press release trotting out the benefit though.
Here in Camembert land, Constellation ES2 are out of stock on most of reseller :rolleyes:

Back