Seagate 1TB SATA 32MB Buffer ST1000340AS-RK - Retail $179.99

MrE

2[H]4U
http://www.frys.com/product/5478279

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]FRYS.com #: 5478279[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
    [*]7200RPM
    [*]32MB BUFFER
    [*]RETAIL BOXED HARD DRIVE (INSTALLATION KIT INCLUDED)
    [*]5 YEAR WARRANTY
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]PRICE GOOD FOR ONLINE PURCHASES ONLY
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/FONT]

I bought one of those (Seagates)... you can do in-store pickup if you want it fast.
I didn't know about the maxtors, but I would have paid the additional $10 for the seagate name/warranty... Maxtor is teh suk

LOL ^^^

Seagate has been making Maxtor's hard drives for a while. Seagate bought out Maxtor back in 2005.

The Maxtor 1Tb drives are 3 year vs. Seagate's 5 year warranty, correct?

Picked up one of these in store yesterday. Planned on picking up a second one today but eh...couldn't justify two terabytes of space and no video card that can play all the games I'd be filling at least one of them up with.

Dang prices are dropping on HDD's.

Was barely a couple months since I snagged the Fry's deal on the 750Mb @ 139.99, and now those were just offered last week for $109.99.

I'll wait. If this trend continues, these drives will re-appear for less in a few weeks to a month.

(of course, Murphy's Law dictates that since I'm gonna wait, prices should sky-rocket any day... :rolleyes:)

I'll wait. If this trend continues, these drives will re-appear for less in a few weeks to a month.

(of course, Murphy's Law dictates that since I'm gonna wait, prices should sky-rocket any day... :rolleyes:)

same boat I'm in... murphy's law vs. a war of attrition :)

Back