Sdm-hs95p/b ?

pvtgoose

Limp Gawd
Yes, I am in the same boat as everybody else who wants an LCD. I am a touch accelerated because I need one to fit on a new desk, and I need one because they bother my eyes far less.

I noticed, as I looked at compusa at the SDM-HS94P/B, (which I think is probably the best deal right now for 550 bucks (after taxes) you can get a very good lcd) and noticed this on the rebate form:

SDM-HS93/B, SDM-HX93/B, SDM-HX93/S, SDM-HS93/W, SDM-S204/B, SDM-HS94P/B, SDM-HS94P/S, SDM-HS95P/B, SDM-HS95P/S model Sony display $100 rebate coupon 9/26/04 - 4/30/05

So I did a little fishing with not much luck. Turns out, they plan on selling it in February, and then I realized that there it is, listed on Sony Style (all the way on the bottom) for 699 with a $100 rebate. Looking at the specs, they appear to be very similar, so I think I might be better off saving the $100.

in my experience contrast ratio and brightness are total crap.

every lcd i've played with i had to turn the brightness down anyways.

get a first hand look at the LCD (if possible), and see what your own eyes think. looking at numbers doesnt tell you anything. and numbers remind me of math. i hate math.

From what I can tell the hs95p just looks like an enhanced hs94p that is probably better overall except for the weird look of it :)

That actually looks badass :) ! I wouldn't mind getting that over the Hs94p/b. It definately looks cool, I would just want to see it up close and see it physically before comitting to it.

Well, it appears that Sony took the HS94P/B off their web site, but the silver version is still on there. :confused:

Ugh, when is the 95 supposed to be coming out? I don't know if I should order a 94 now, or wait for the 95.

I just bought the SDM-HS95P (Silver) on 2-5-2005 from BestBuy. This model which is Sony's next generation of LCDs replaces its previous generation, the HS94P. I paid $699 up front. There is a $100 rebate making the final cost to me $599.

Look for my post on the HS95P LCD.

Back