Motherboard: SuperMicro P4SCT+II
MoBo BIOS: 1.0C
Embedded Adaptec SATA RAID host controller
AGP Slot: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
PCI Slot #1: Adaptec 2110S SCSI RAID controller BIOS 1.62
PCI Slot #2: Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller BIOS 3.20
PCI Slot #3: - empty -
PCI Slot #4: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

If everything is supposed to work as it should, the RAID card BIOS boots first, then the SCSI BIOS and finally the SATA RAID (if I decide to enable it). But it doesn't. If I configure the system as above, the RAID BIOS will load and start the RAID system. Then it will skip the SCSI BIOS altogether and continue on to the SATA RAID then the rest of the system. If the swap PCI slots between the SCSI RAID controller and the SCSI controller so the SCSI controller boots BEFORE the SCSI RAID controller then all three BIOS will load (SCSI, RAID, SATA) but my C:\ becomes my D:\ and my D:\ becomes my C:\.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I wrote SuperMicro on this issue and this is their reply:

Hi Aaron,

Due to limitation support on memory expansion ROM, you need to give up with PCI device detection and post on screen but after Windows OS load into desktop it will see all the add-on PCI card if you have all the driver installation correctly.

Does this sound right to anyone else? Assuming this is correct, I did disable the embedded SATA host controller thinking it would save on "memory expansion" and therefore have enough memory to load the SCSI BIOS...but it doesn't. So I guess I'll try loading Windows again and see what happens.

Aaron.

Back