Screw the iPhone, what else is good out there ?

Ive had the HTC Touch Pro (ATT Fuze) since the day it came out and have had zero problems with it. Fast, full keyboard, and the Touch Flo interface rocks. 3.2MP camera to boot. There are plenty of mods out there to fix some of the things ATT screwed up like Youtube, its not in the list of Apps but it is installed on the phone so you have to just make a shortcut. Also they tried to take away tethering without paying them but thats an easy fix also.

thumbs up on the HTC Touch Pro. At first I didn't think I could get used to it. (coming from a line of treos) however.. now I have a broadband wifihotspot when I need it, I can track my phone if it's stolen via gps by sending it a silent txt msg. (it will then email me the google maps location), have a full 5 row keyboard (which is great for rdp'ing into the home server) and btooth actually works with my car stereo now. :D

I actually enjoy my new 3G iphone. The apps make the phone. There are so many options.

Motorola Q9h has turned out to be my favorite phone yet..

/ex iphone owner slash semi-apple whore

As a G1 owner, I personally love mine, but you may want to try the Blackberry Bold or even one of the new Nokias (E71 or something like that). I've used the Bold, iPhone, and G1 all extensively, and they're all good at different things. I love the Bold's keyboard and screen, but I HATE browsing the web without a touchscreen. I like the screen size of the iPhone and the app store, but I'm not overly enamored by it's interface and bugginess. Finally, the G1 seems to be a good middle ground, with a reasonable physical keyboard and touchscreen. I just wish its screen was bigger and size slightly thinner. Since I already had T-Mobile, the G1 was my choice.

I have the Blackberry Curve and its definitely the best phone I have ever owned. I actually replaced my iPod with the built-in media player, something I told myself I would never be able to do.

If I were buying a brand new phone though, I would definitely consider the Bold.

Is there a better (price wise) place than ebay to get an unlocked GSM HTC Touch/Fuze?
Heck, I wouldn't even mind if it were locked to ATT as long as I can put my GoPhone SIM card to use. As sexy as my Nokia 6555 is, it's just not very practical beyond being a "just" a phone.

although i haven't read any actual customer reviews yet, that n97 looks like one sweet phone.

i'll probably put that near the top of my "next phone list" unless i hear reasons for the contrary. sorry if that doesn't help ya out

I love my iPhone. Sure, its not cruising along at broadband speeds...but the flexibility with the apps (I can stream my entire iTunes collection, even though I only own an 8gb iPhone; I can remotely access my entire desktop computer; I can quickly and efficiently check my portfolio throughout the day and buy/sell if need be).

It's perfect for me.

The Nokia N95 is ridiculously impressive...looks like a camera at first, and then...

Back