Screenshots of movies

feelingshorter

Limp Gawd
I connected my camcorder to my computer via firewire. Make a movie from windows movie maker. Opened it in media player. Took a screenshot and then went to paint to past. It doesnt show the movie. Pic!! How do i export pics from movies? Is there a program? Since i am trying to sell some stuff on hardforums and need pics. Without a camera, i need to use my camcorder to record videos and transfer it to computer as a avi file.

Originally posted by Marc113-
poop
Is this another of your stupid attempts to up your post count? Knock it off. If I was a mod I would set you at a permanent post count of 2 because that is all you deserve.

Now about the video screenshot thing. The reason you can't take a screenshot of a video you are playing has to do with directshow and overlays and stuff. Does your camcorder by any chance have a still camera function? I know some digital camcorders can do that. Also, is there any functionality built in to windows movie maker to grab a frame? I don't know exactly how that software works but I know with some software you can grab individual frames and save it as a picture. Okay I just did a little search and found this which might be useful to you. It uses windows movie maker 2 but I believe that is free.

Originally posted by Marc113-
poop

Seriously dude cut it out... unless you have something helpful to post don't post.

I figured there would be a function to save a frame of a movie. Weird problem.

goto the media player options, disable hardware acceleration, you're welcome.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
goto the media player options, disable hardware acceleration, you're welcome.

Wow, it works, thanks!

EDIT: Not only that, it fixed my gamma problems with displaying video. Its weird how when i play videos, it doesnt use the gamma settings of my destop even tho i set the gamma settings the same for overlay/destop. But when i disabled the hardware support, it took gamma of desktop. Thanks man!

Back