Scratchy Sound from Speakers

Deadlierchair

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I realize that this problem could probably be a whole lot of things, but maybe there is an easy solution.

I am using the onboard 6-channel nForce2 audio from my motherboard, using the SDPIF out and the Front Speakers output to my pair of Altec Lansing ADA885s (same as ADA890s I think). The problem is, should I try to push any good amount of sound out of my rear speakers, no matter the source, I get scratchy, beat up sounding sound. Basically, it crackles a lot and I have to turn down the volume to the rear speakers in the nForce audio control panel. I would really like to have full audio coming from behind me, so what should I do?

I have checked all the wiring to those speakers, and tried multiple sound applications within windows. Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

You can test those rear speaker out first by plugging them as a front speaker and see if good sound comes out of them. If they do work, then it is probably your sound card. You plugged the speakers to the right place atleast, since you are able to bring down the volume using the audio control panel. Bad speakers though usually dont have scratchy sound but distorted sound. I'd say it is the sound card. Get a better one than some onboard sound.

Back