Schlage BE365 Electronic Deadbolts $80 all colors today only 7/8/14 @ Amazon

Ducman69

[H]F Junkie
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Too bad they aren't keys on both sides Deadbolts, then I might buy one or 2.

Too bad they aren't keys on both sides Deadbolts, then I might buy one or 2.
The whole point of these is that you really don't ever carry the keys. In fact, many people take candle wax and pour it into the key opening to improve security further. To undo it, you would then just pop the tumbler assembly in the oven and let it drip out (a tiny bit of residue is fine since it just acts as a lubricant), but as it is on the door it would be 100% bump and lock-gun proof.

Also, any mechanism that can also lock from the INSIDE that can't be opened without a key is considered too great a fire hazzard.

But in a door with a window this lock is useless......hence my wish for key on the inside.

But in a door with a window this lock is useless......hence my wish for key on the inside.

but couldn't you also say, any house with a window big enough for someone to crawl through, a door lock is useless?
I guess if all your windows are barred, then maybe.......

Nah, they have to use forced entry at that point, at which point even a class 1 door lock they could also just axe most residential doors. With forced entry, you should have no problem with your home owners insurance and it generally is quite loud, throwing glass everywhere, and something most criminals rather not bother with... easier to move on to the next home IMO.

I just look for something thats bump/gun-key proof (since those literally take seconds and won't alert anyone), I don't have to fumble with a bunch of keys, and what I REALLY like is that I can set temporary codes.

For example, my cat sitter when I'm on vacation has her own unique code to get into my house. I only activate it when I'm on vacation, and then when I'm back I don't have to worry if she has the key to my house forever now. Same thing even with family, they have a different code to my house, and if for some reason I have five vietnamese hookers over to share coke with or something then I can be sure to disable their codes for the weekend! ;)

Not hot at all. I bought mine for $5. :p

Then again working at Lowe's sometimes had its perks.

These are really nice, and they feel very solid.

wish it was class 3 security rating :(
I think you're confusing security ratings. With safes, class 1 is lowest and class 3 is highest.

With locks, it uses ANSI grades, and grade 1 is highest and grade 3 is shit.

•Grade 1 certification – Highest Grade Security. Grade 1 is the strongest grade ANSI/BHMA will supply for any Residential or Commercial product.

•Grade 2 certification – Higher Residential Security. Grade 2 is designed and built to offer excellent security and durability for more residential applications and some light
commercial applications.

•Grade 3 certification – Basic residential security. Grade 3 is the lowest grade provided by ANSI, the minimal acceptable quality for residential door locks.

The only way to truly get grade 1 though BTW is to usually modify your stock door and install the super duper long bolts and reinforcing plate behind your cosmetic plate. For most people this is too much of a hassle, so grade 2 is good.

I recently bought a different brand...and let me tell ya there nice to have...ours auto locks after 15 seconds so no more doors that are unlocked.....not to mention you start the car and remember something left inside you need, no need to kill the engine, as you don't need a key.

I recently had a neighbor walk into my house while i was in the back (actually the bath room), went straight to my room a stole my wallet. That cant happen anymore since even if i forget to lock the door, it will auto lock. Im my own personal experience most crimes are from people who know you.....shitty as it is

I feel some much safer with a door that auto locks even though i frequently go outside to smoke and of course it locks the door, but lord this is better than forgotten unlocked door's

These work very well. Have had 2 of them for a long time and work perfectly over the long run.

Back