Scalpers Paradise Rules

Scalping sucks but isnt it hypocritical to get a 5% cut? So youd change the handle to say scalper even tho 5% is collected? A spade is a spade i guess.

5% not considered scalping? Well paypal is 2.9% + 30 cents ;)
[H] is not a payment processes. If anything use ebay as your comparison in which case the 5% to [H] sounds far nicer.

BNIB products only. 5% sales service fee required with PP to [email protected]. These monies will be used to fund HardForum operations. We will change your forum title to "Scalper" for the period of one year after your final scalping sale.

All rules from FSFT apply here (read those here with included stickies) except of course the scalping rules.

This rules list is sure to expand. Check back often as updates will be posted.

This is the way.
Hey, it's been a minute since I was last on here. I've possible located a decent source for 30x cards. But they will be out of box OEM pulls from EVGA,ASUS,DELL ect Without the box are they considered BNIB? I don't care to pay the surcharge, god knows in the 2 decades on here i've made my fair share.

Hey, it's been a minute since I was last on here. I've possible located a decent source for 30x cards. But they will be out of box OEM pulls from EVGA,ASUS,DELL ect Without the box are they considered BNIB? I don't care to pay the surcharge, god knows in the 2 decades on here i've made my fair share.
Are those cards Brand New In Box?

Are those cards Brand New In Box?
They will be brand new systems that we will be parting out and selling off each component. So they likely wont have original boxes but all so far are ASUS, EVGA, DELL.

They will be brand new systems that we will be parting out and selling off each component. So they likely wont have original boxes but all so far are ASUS, EVGA, DELL.
Those would need to be identified as USED. If you identify those as "new" you will be considered scalping.

So this forum has turned extra hard on members who basically pass on brand new cards to other users at cost + shipping that are near impossible to get at retail price? Even at some loss? Seen a few posts of users selling new cards hard to get at cost. They are considered scalpers and H wants part of the sale 5% putting the seller in further hole?

If so I would be scalping ebay now rather than helping users here passing on cards I score at no cost. I guess H would rather have us scalp then pass a good deal to user? LMAO.

Simply Unreal almost like H is scalping the seller rather than seller being scalper lmao.

And these users were told to pound the sand if they don't like it.

FrgMstr how is the fair? Sounds like the real losers here are the H members who will be forced to buy a card at higher price.

So this forum has turned extra hard on members who basically pass on brand new cards to other users at cost + shipping that are near impossible to get at retail price? Even at some loss? Seen a few posts of users selling new cards hard to get at cost. They are considered scalpers and H wants part of the sale 5% putting the seller in further hole?

If so I would be scalping ebay now rather than helping users here passing on cards I score at no cost. I guess H would rather have us scalp then pass a good deal to user? LMAO.

Simply Unreal almost like H is scalping the seller rather than seller being scalper lmao.

And these users were told to pound the sand if they don't like it.

FrgMstr how is the fair? Sounds like the real losers here are the H members who will be forced to buy a card at higher price.
It is not fair. Take your business elsewhere.

It is not fair. Take your business elsewhere.
Will do!!! Technically it ain't business its helping users get stuff that they can't find and we don't make nothing. Now that you say its business I will go really scalp else where and turn in in to business since H users are going to get screwed cuz of this cut throat rule.

Feels to me like H is turning it in to a business. All good.

I apologize to those on I can no longer sell to at cost since I score plenty of cards.

Cheers!

FrgMstr, to clarify, what would I need to do to sell a used GPU to our fellow [H] enthusiasts that is OOS everywhere and is going for over MSRP on eBay/elsewhere and not be labeled a scalper? If a receipt was provided showing actual cost paid and asking price was under that value, would that still be considered scalping?

NKD
Anyone buying cards new to resell them on the H is taking a risk of not selling it if they want to get all of their money back. If I drive a new car off the lot it immediately depreciates and I can never get that money back unless someone really, really wants the vehicle that I just bought. When you sell something, you are more often than not going to be out some money, that is how buying and selling works. Trying to look like a good guy, buying hard to get cards, then trying to sell them for slightly more than you paid is you turning the H into a business. You can't create demand over rare cards, if people don't want them or cannot afford them, then you are stuck with them. Don't bother using the "if they dont' sell in minutes I am taking them to Ebay" nonsense either to try and get someone to make a rash decision like you made buying them and hoping to resell them at a profit. The Admins here work hard trying to protect forum members from scammers and enforce the FS/FT rules. When I bought cards for mining, I sold them at a loss, I knew that would be the case when I bought them. It amazes me how many are trying to change what has been the norm for decades with buying and selling anything...

FrgMstr, to clarify, what would I need to do to sell a used GPU to our fellow [H] enthusiasts that is OOS everywhere and is going for over MSRP on eBay/elsewhere and not be labeled a scalper? If a receipt was provided showing actual cost paid and asking price was under that value, would that still be considered scalping?

Someone made a thread recently providing that MSRP doesn't exist on some of the new cards so I wouldn't take the risk if I were you.

Honestly if you like the forum and want to keep it running for people to be able to use the fs/t, giving 5% and getting a title shouldn't be that big a deal. It's less than taxes in most states, and it's not like you sell every card you get at or above MSRP on hardforum anyway...right?

Honestly if you like the forum and want to keep it running for people to be able to use the fs/t, giving 5% and getting a title shouldn't be that big a deal. It's less than taxes in most states, and it's not like you sell every card you get at or above MSRP on hardforum anyway...right?
It's not even that hard of a concept. Don't pass on your "costs" to others. Especially when you used the card yourself.

Who was asking for help or hired you on here to work for them by standing in line to grab a video card?

Search for the term "WTB" in the "for sale" section to see the hundred+ people asking people to buy GPUs for them. I guess you're either new here or don't visit that subforum very often.

Search for the term "WTB" in the "for sale" section to see the hundred+ people asking people to buy GPUs for them. I guess you're either new here or don't visit that subforum very often.
And did any of them ask for your resume? You must be newer than me.

Back