Scaling back overclock on i7 875K with Asus P7P55D-E Pro

a104375

Limp Gawd
I just purchased a used Asus P7P55D-E Pro + i7 875K.

The person I bought it from said it's currently overclocked to 3.93, CPUID shows it at 4012.xx Mhz.

I would like to scale the overclocking back a bit to get it's peak temp to the mid 60C's compared to mid 70C's it runs now.

I upgraded from the Q6600 2.4Ghz C2Q so this is already a hefty jump. I'm new to overclocking so I'm not quite sure what numbers to change, and what to try changing them to. So some guidance would be great!

I've attached what I assume are relevant from CPUID and Speedfan but please let me know if you need more info!

8860cb2a.PNG
5fd3538a.PNG

There is no problems with 75C load temp with that CPU!
They can handle alot more. I do not think you should change anything if you do not know what you are doing.

If you still want to lower the speed change the mutiplier from 30x to 28x and core voltage to ~1.25V from 1.3xV

Last edited:
There no problems with 75C load temp with that CPU!
They can handle alot more. I do not think you should change anything if you do not know what you are doing.

If you still want to lower the speed change the mutiplier from 30x to 28x and core voltage to ~1.25V from 1.3xV

Alright fair enough, if 75C is okay then I shall leave it alone until I see it go higher than that!

Thanks for the information!

Back