SB65G2 Mod

esr2

[H]ard|Gawd
After purchasing an SB65G2 (should have bought the 75) I decided to dabble in modding. Two short weeks later ended up with two new holes, three new fans, a new shell, a rheobus and some badges. All my computers follow the VW name scheme on my network, this one is R32, hence the badges. Comments? This is my first time 'modding' a pc.

030504%20019_jpg.jpg

right now the CPU idles a t 29c.

Specs:

Shuttle SB65G2
Intel 2.8c
2x256MB Kingston DDR3200
Liteon 4x -+R
Sapphire 9800pro
MAudio Revolution
Noise Isolator Rheobus
WD 800JB
3x Zalman ZM-OP1s
Vantec Silac Gels
PCMods blowhole kit.
-esr

looks nice, I want to see more pics though. :)

Edit: saw the other pics on the small form factor thread, real clean looking.

Here are a few more pics.

inside (Notice the ghetto taping job on the Sapphire 9800)

030504%20009_jpg.jpg

the back, one of the three zalman slim fans that keep it so cool :D.

030404%20019_jpg.jpg

the other side:

030504%20016_jpg.jpg

If you're interested in any of the mods (stealthing the drive, the blowhole, cutting the rear fan grill, changing the ice fans, etc), you can read the how-to guides on my site (click computers > R32).

Thanks for the possitive comments.

-esr

What did you use to screw in the top fan? Are those rivets? And I would assume those are noise stoppers in between? :confused:

And nice job on the back fan...looks realll nice :)

your link to ruggels needs fixin.

Do those zalman fan push a good amount of air?

Looks great man

I fixed the link, thanks. I was using normal 80mm fan screws, but the blow hole kit i picked up from PCMods had the black screws, so I used those (side note, i should have also awaited for the kit to use the cutting guides, lol).

In-between the fan are the vantec silica gel vibration dampeners.

The Zalman do push a good amount of air, more then my vantecs were pushing.

It's very tolerable with all four fans at 25% or less (i normally run at 15%), just a rush of air and the sound of the psu are audible (about the same amount of noise as the sonata, mabye 2db more). at 100% it's obvious, but that's only when gaming and I have the 5.1 setup up pretty loud.

-esr

Back