SB Live + DirectX 9.0b Problem

cHoCo

n00b
Hello Everyone,

I've got a problem I can't find information on anywhere on the web, so hopefully someone here can be of assistance to me.

Doing a 'dxdiag' after a fresh WinXP install shows that DirectX 8.1 is installed and my SB Live works fine with the HardWare Sound Acceleration Level at full. However, once I upgrade to DirectX 9.0b the 'dxdiag' sound report says that my Live is running 'emulated' and the DirectSound test fails saying that "playback will only be done from software buffers".

I'm running the latest driver versions of the SB Live, NForce drivers and ATI Cats (see my setup at the bottom of this post).

Anyone else have this problem, or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any replies :)

Setup:
=======
MSI K7N2-L (latest NForce Drivers)
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ T-Bred B
512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO (Cat 3.10 drivers)
SoundBlaster Live Value (Latest Live drivers)
Antec 430W TruePower PSU
WinXP SP1

Did you install your sound card drivers before, or after installing DX9?

If you installed them before, uninstall them and then reinstall them. I'm running a SB Live Value on my old KT7A-RAID and had a similar problem and it turned out to be the stupid Creative drivers. . .surprise, surprise.

Thanks for the reply Helmut,

I've tried both installing the drivers before DX9, as well as reinstalling the drivers after the DX9 install, and neither works - DXDIAG still reports my audio being stuck in 'emulated' mode :(

Anything else you can think of that I can try out to fix this problem?

The only other idea that you might try is to see if you can get ahold of Directx 9.0a and see if that works. That's odd, though, because mine has 9.0b and it works just fine.

Back