RuyZ

n00b
k so im running a new comp, heres the specs:

p4p800-e delux
saphire 9600 256mb
p4 3.0e
512 kingston
maxtor 80gb 8mb buffer SATA (x2)

so i install xp running normal sata no issues, but when i try to set it up running raid 0, it goes through the xp install, and no matter what sata and raid driver i use, the install says it cannot detect any hard discs when xp normally gets to the part where you choose the drive your installing onto.

i setup raid on the bios according to the instructions that came with the mobo, and have everything pluged in correctly, the 2 drives were setup as one raid0 drive, everything shows correctly in the bios and the raid configuration.

ive tried every sata and raid driver on the cd that came with the mobo, and a few off the net, but they all give the same problem, me and a couple of my friends are pretty sure that i just dont have the right driver, but were not sure exatley.

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Does that board also have a promise controller. Make sure which raid your using if you have one because my p4c800e dulx has a promise raid and a ichr5 raid. So you gotta know which one your using if yours has 2 diff raid controllers. Other then that all you gotta do is go into the file system in the cd and in the raid driver folder they have a make disc exe so you can put the driver on a floppy so you can load it during the win install setup process. I believe the command is F6 during the begining of the win xp setup to load the driver off the floppy.

I have:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Asus ATi Radeon 9600XT
1GB Corsair RAM
P4 3.2 w/Zalman copper heatsink/fan
(2) Seagate SATA 7200.7 80GB

I tried using the Intel and Promise RAID controllers but have yet to get a successful RAID0 configuration. I have the drivers required for XP and according to either Intel's or Promise's configuration utility during boot, the drives are set up as a RAID0 (it says Stripe and RAID0 and lists the 2 drives in my system... everything "appears" to be correctly configured and identified).

However, when I install XP (I give it the drivers when it asks after hitting the F6), it always sees the drives as either 1) 152GB if I use the Intel controller, or 2) 160GB if I use the Promise controller.

There's gotta be something simple I'm missing here but I can't seem to figure it out. I have been looking all over the web and the only thing I can come up with is people asking how to get XP to see the drives. I got that part, just want them to get formatted as a Striped Set.

Any ideas??

- Kag.

Oh man I'm a schmuck...

I did more diggin and asking around and discovered what I was expecting was not what I was asking for. I now understand RAID0 a LOT better and will retract my previous entry...

- Kag.

Back