SAS Controller recommendation

sorry I was going to recommend you perc 4/5/6 series, but they're x4/8

Well, if that's the case, then you need to find a different solutions.. (move stuff out of pci x4/8 slots, etc).. think outside the box

Well, if that's the case, then you need to find a different solutions.. (move stuff out of pci x4/8 slots, etc).. think outside the box

Only problem is the motherboard I am using (P5Q) only has 2 PCIe slots and the video card is in the other one...

From your post, you are just going to be connecting single drives, wiping them, and then removing them?

Anything that fits your requirements of x1 and SAS (including your link) will work then. You don't need raid, you don't need management options, you don't need a heavy duty card, just something basic that supports SAS.

Anything that fits your requirements of x1 and SAS (including your link) will work then. You don't need raid, you don't need management options, you don't need a heavy duty card, just something basic that supports SAS.

Exactly. I posted something I had planned on snagging, but I posted to see if anyone had a better recommendation or review.

Back