Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X OC review

They changed up their OC bench.
Thief and BF4? C'mon that's a terrible idea.

In the past it was Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. MUCH better.

I know it's a great card, especially @ $470 right now.
I'm just questioning their OC testing methods.

They changed up their OC bench.
Thief and BF4? C'mon that's a terrible idea.

In the past it was Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. MUCH better.

I'm good with FC3 and Metro Last light... those two are sufficient for me.

The overclocking is awesome, but who wants to dump that much heat into their case?

If this is any indication of future thermal performance then enthusiast grade cards are going to have to ship with waterblocks... :D

Im gonna wait for the 290x to drop in price and pick up a second, got the first for 450 new, not paying anymore than that. Will definitely look into the Sapphire line up now, Tri-X or Vapor-X Come on Black Friday!

Hardware Canucks has a Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X OC review up today: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru.../66491-sapphire-r9-290-vapor-x-oc-review.html

They got an overclock of 1380 on the core!!

I was all excited to see what type of magic they were using to reach these type of speed on air and then I go read the review to see this:

With the voltage maxed, temperatures never exceeded the 75°C mark and we were able to hit an impressive core speed of 1280MHz.

While 1280 is nice, it is nothing special..I run my week one reference 290 @ 1275Mhz 24/7 for Folding@Home and Gaming. You sir lose the internets.

Sure it is, neither my reference or Tri-X can sustain 1225 under water with +200mv.

Wow that really sucks..From what I read around the various forums, it seems like 1250~1275 was on the upper side of good, with 1300+ being excellent to golden..:confused:

Back