Sapphire 9500NP softmod

Hey guys,

Just got the Sapphire 9500NP (128mb), the one that softmods, in the mail today (I ordered it from someone on here). Right now the rig it's going into has an Nvidia MX440, so this is gonna be a pretty big step up. Since I'm new to ATI, what drivers and stuff should I install/remove/download before I pull the MX440 out and put the 9500 in? Also, what program in gonna help me softmod the card? From what I've been told and what I know, this is the card with the "L" shaped memory, and its already 256-bit

Thanks
-Matt

The guy I bought it from told me to use the Riva tuner, I downloaded it, but I don't know how it works... Can anyone help?

Thanks
-Matt

My old vid card was L shaped 9700 pro pcb, with the 2ns samsung ram, gave it to my brother in a trade, he tried to soft mod it, wouldnt work, be carefull with it, and also, your upgradeing from mx400? thats a big enough upgrade not to over clock IMO :p

soulsaver_8229

Make sure you use driver cleaner (google it) to clear out all the old nvidia drivers. Just follow the instructions in the readme.

ScreamingBroccoli said:
The guy I bought it from told me to use the Riva tuner, I downloaded it, but I don't know how it works... Can anyone help?

Thanks
-Matt

Mr. Broccoli:

Got two of the non-pros myself.

Please do yourself a favor - dump RivaTuner and use the Omega drivers. I did, and they worked flawlessly for Powercolor and Connect3d versions of the card.

Also, you'd better make sure your PSU is up to the task of powering up that monster vid card. ATI's offerings of that era are notorious for being power-hungry gluttons. A Fortron/Source at 350 watts should be your minimum PSU.

By the way, where in Allentown? I live in Fleetwood, and work in Tamaqua.

Back